Burngreave New Deal finishing early!

Has the project actually improved anything?

There's a mural containing the names of local murder victims on a graffiti wall which is intended to deter people from getting involved in gang culture. The artwork, which was commissioned by Streetworx and funded by Burngreave New Deal for Communities, was created by a local artist but has been modified by another local artist who added the term "fallen soldiers" to it.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/SPECIAL-REPORT-Gun-gangs-39glorified39.4653312.jp

Respect!

Has the project actually improved anything?
I was itching to ask. Other than the ugly building, the one way streets, anything done?
There's a mural containing the names of local murder victims on a graffiti wall which is intended to deter people from getting involved in gang culture. The artwork, which was commissioned by Streetworx and funded by Burngreave New Deal for Communities, was created by a local artist but has been modified by another local artist who added the term "fallen soldiers" to it.
Ok, so that's a hundred quid, what about the other fifty two mill?
Alot of the PROJECTS seem really worth while and useful
Ok, any projects that aren't redundant and aimed solely at people that don't take part in society? Eg: Burngreave Opportunities; JobCentre, the Internet?

Streetworx: South Yorkshire Constabulary?

I hear they are trying to sell off the old DSS building back to them so it can re-open to pick up the increasing workloads. It all sounds a bit suspect to me?

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/SPECIAL-REPORT-Gun-gangs-39glorified39.4653312.jp

Respect!

From the Star -"Casper Carr, a professional graffiti artist and youth worker from Burngreave, was paid £35 an hour to work on the project over a month"

Nice work if you can get it- no wonder it took him a month! Thats nearly 70k a year...

I wonder if its the same Casper that sprayed his name across the city a few years ago :huh:

Ok, so that's a hundred quid, what about the other fifty two mill?

I don't know if the mural cost a hundred quid (the rate for the work was £35 per hour but the project took a month). However, whilst some young people were consulted it seems the project was undertaken without prior consultation with the wider community (some people objected to the work being in a children's park) or the police (who would have told them that it was likely to attract gang graffiti if they had been asked) and it is "now being re-painted in a blander, less controversial design", presumably at further cost to someone.

Still, it gave someone a reason to have a go at the authorities.

http://www.burngreavemessenger.org/archives/december-2008-issue/art-work-at-nottingham-cliff/

Burngreave New Deal reeked off misconception and mismanagement from start to soon be finish.

I feel sorry for those who will be losing their jobs.

Will the project be audited at somepoint so we can all see where the money was spent and on what?

I hear they are trying to sell off the old DSS building back to them so it can re-open to pick up the increasing workloads. It all sounds a bit suspect to me?

Sorbie House is leased to Trillium, and is worth a fortune. That would be a matter for DWP Estates at a national level, and as far as I'm aware, there are absolutely no DWP plans to use Sorbie again.

Burngreave New Deal reeked off misconception and mismanagement from start to soon be finish.

I feel sorry for those who will be losing their jobs.

Its strange how its never the management that lose their jobs. :suspect: A vote of no confidence in the managers should be taken as they should go first. There is a meeting on the 25th, now changed to a question and answer session so I hope a vote will be asked for.

@ fox20thc

"Alot of the PROJECTS seem really worth while and useful"

You are joking, look how many there are that are nothing to do with regeneration.

I have lived in Pitsmoor all my life and if you ask me we should have spent all the money on demolishing the whole of Spital Hill and turning it into a nature reserve for the decent people of the area to enjoy!

I have lived in Pitsmoor all my life and if you ask me we should have spent all the money on demolishing the whole of Spital Hill and turning it into a nature reserve for the decent people of the area to enjoy!

Waits for the PC brigade & the do gooders to jump in.

I don't know if the mural cost a hundred quid (the rate for the work was £35 per hour but the project took a month). However, whilst some young people were consulted it seems the project was undertaken without prior consultation with the wider community (some people objected to the work being in a children's park) or the police (who would have told them that it was likely to attract gang graffiti if they had been asked) and it is "now being re-painted in a blander, less controversial design", presumably at further cost to someone.

Still, it gave someone a reason to have a go at the authorities.

http://www.burngreavemessenger.org/archives/december-2008-issue/art-work-at-nottingham-cliff/

Pwned.

Anyway yes, I'm sure people would have less of a go at LAs if every breath they took didn't mean addition cost and less freedom to us. Looks like a perfect example of how to waste public money. you and I did part fund all this crap after all.