Would you report someone ??

Would you report someone on benefits for turning down a job ?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Would you report someone on benefits for turning down a job ?

• Yes i would !! everyone should work given the opportunity.
    • No i wouldn't let them scrounge if thats what they want.
    • Not bothered either way.

If they are extracting the urine by preferring to stay on benefits then they will proably be prosecuted.

Either way its all our duties to inform on these people.

Firstly, a refusal to take paid employment by a JSA claimant is not a criminal offense. They are not breaking any law - although they may face a financial sanction if they cannot prove they had good reason to turn down work.

Secondly, what do you mean by 'these people'? Why are you demonising a disadvantaged, vulnerable group within society?

'Either way its all our duties to inform on these people.' Spoken like a true enemy of freedom and democracy.

Firstly, a refusal to take paid employment by a JSA claimant is not a criminal offense. They are not breaking any law - although they may face a financial sanction if they cannot prove they had good reason to turn down work.

Secondly, what do you mean by 'these people'? Why are you demonising a disadvantaged, vulnerable group within society?

'Either way its all our duties to inform on these people.' Spoken like a true enemy of freedom and democracy.

These people refer to the people who refuse work when given an opportunity.

Whoa dudes! Why is everyone so keen on "reporting" to the authorities other peoples business (which is nothing to do with them)?

Edited by PeoplesVoice

Its the outcomes of 12 years of NuLabour rule. People have become paranoid, bitter and spiteful it seems?

its a joke. if the job is going then they should be lucky to have been offered it { aint it usually the immigrents who get priority}.

i would have no hesitaition in reporting the workshy.

bring back the workhouses.

Allready looked there Basil and no they do not apply in this case and moonbird the email was only sent to me because the person that sent it wanted an opinion because he was unsure what action to take and as we have been close friends since school he values my opinion. The email is confidential and shall remain so hence i have only stated the facts of it and not exposed any details other than the points mentioned..

If you have been close friends since school and since it was confidential you shouldn't do anything. If they are rumbled by the social you may be the one that they seek to blame and that friendship and confidence will have gone forever.

By all means tell them what you think but keep your gob shut:nono:

Yes report them. Why should the tax payer support someone for sitting on their @rse when they are capable of work? I had work collegue who had to give up her job as her husband went on the dole and her earnings meant he had less benefits where is the sense in that?

Just out of interest, did you report her/them?

It seems quite evident to me that the OP has some guilty feelings about informing on an individual to the state. Why? Well, by posting the topic on here he/she is demonstrating a need for reassurance from like minded people, confirmation from others that he/she has 'done the right thing'.

The OP is well aware that 'grassing' is a shameful act of betrayal employed by cowards.

Disgusting.

I 'grassed' up a work colleague the other day. Was a very tough thing to do. She provoked a hospital patient to the point where the patient had to be physically restrained, and the incident report she then wrote up was a total fabrication. She's a danger to herself, patients, and other staff.

I would have spoken to her first about her actions and how the situation could have been handled better, but as soon as I read the incident reoprt I realised there was no point.

I totally 'snitched' on her - it felt uncomfortable but was the right thing to do.

'Grassing' 'touting' 'snitching' = telling the truth.

I 'grassed' up a work colleague the other day. Was a very tough thing to do. She provoked a hospital patient to the point where the patient had to be physically restrained, and the incident report she then wrote up was a total fabrication. She's a danger to herself, patients, and other staff.

I would have spoken to her first about her actions and how the situation could have been handled better, but as soon as I read the incident reoprt I realised there was no point.

I totally 'snitched' on her - it felt uncomfortable but was the right thing to do.

Congratulations. You have successfully altered the parameters of the debate from 'would you report someone who is not fulfilling their Jobseekers responsibilities' to 'would you report someone who is volatile, a danger to co-workers, themselves and others and deliberately fabricates evidence to conceal aggressive, unprofessional behaviour'.

These situations have really no connection to each other, have they? By using your incident to 'prove' that because informing was the correct decision in your instance that it automatically follows that informing is always the correct response in every case is totally ludicrous.

A nonsense argument. Oh, and 'grassing', 'touting' and 'snitching' does not mean 'telling the truth'. It means telling YOUR VERSION of the truth. And yes, there is a difference.

Given that the behaviour you describe is far from acceptable, I think you're right to bring this to the attention of her superiors.

Someone who is incompetent in their paid role is entirely different from someone who may or may not be able to take a job, and/or who refuses to do so.

The OP has decided that someone can take a role. From what we know, there may be all sorts of barriers as to why that role would not be reasonable to take.

There also may not be.

What I can definitely infer is that Jobcentre Plus in one way, shape or form has been informed, and if there is a legal reason to follow this up, it will happen.

Congratulations. You have successfully altered the parameters of the debate from 'would you report someone who is not fulfilling their Jobseekers responsibilities' to 'would you report someone who is volatile, a danger to co-workers, themselves and others and deliberately fabricates evidence to conceal aggressive, unprofessional behaviour'.

These situations have really no connection to each other, have they? By using your incident to 'prove' that because informing was the correct decision in your instance that it automatically follows that informing is always the correct response in every case is totally ludicrous.

A nonsense argument. Oh, and 'grassing', 'touting' and 'snitching' does not mean 'telling the truth'. It means telling YOUR VERSION of the truth. And yes, there is a difference.

Good point, well made.

Grassing isn't always the right thing to do, but sometimes it is. Was pointing out that your position on 'grassing' isn't a universal truth.

God - I hate conflict!