Paul Carrack, keyboardist, singer and songwriter

Went to a concert by Paul Carrack t'other evening (...in High Wycombe, of all places). PC was born in Sheffield in 1951. Anyone know where? Did he stay in Sheffield (school etc)?:clap:

Went to a concert by Paul Carrack t'other evening (...in High Wycombe, of all places). PC was born in Sheffield in 1951. Anyone know where? Did he stay in Sheffield (school etc)?:clap:

Nothing wrong with High Wycombe - was it at The Swan? Arena methinks?

Paul is a Crookes lad and I would think he went to Western Road primary school for starters? His brother John runs a paint/decorators shop on Northfield Road at Crookes.

http://www.bucksfreepress.co.uk/search/4103103.Paul_Carrack_plays_the_Arena/ http://www.bucksfreepress.co.uk/search/549750.Paul_Carrack__Interviewed_November_2004/

Edited by CHAIRBOY

Yep, his brother has the decorators shop on Crookes. Great shop, great paint, great service ............... try not to use anywhere else when possible :)

Yep he went to Myers Grove was the year below me and I was in his first band.

Thanks Chairboy. Yes, it was The Swan. Good Gig but was underwhelmed by High Wycombe town centre. Designed for cars, not people!

Thanks Chairboy. Yes, it was The Swan. Good Gig but was underwhelmed by High Wycombe town centre. Designed for cars, not people!

The Swan - home of my proudest day, daughter's graduation.

People are supposed to be in the Eden Shopping Centre!:thumbsup:

Nothing wrong with High Wycombe - was it at The Swan? Arena methinks?

Paul is a Crookes lad and I would think he went to Western Road primary school for starters? His brother John runs a paint/decorators shop on Northfield Road at Crookes.

http://www.bucksfreepress.co.uk/search/4103103.Paul_Carrack_plays_the_Arena/ http://www.bucksfreepress.co.uk/search/549750.Paul_Carrack__Interviewed_November_2004/

We used to take Paul down to Sheffield Speedway. He had all the gear, so much so that we tried to get them to take him as mascot. Unfortunately, they didn't but it didn't stop him wearing the speedway gear. John Carrack used to play football with us on the Bolehills - Harris's, Adams, Pete Vickers et all. Both Carracks were good lads and hopefully both are still fit and well.

Regards to Crookes folk

Geoff Worth

We used to take Paul down to Sheffield Speedway. He had all the gear, so much so that we tried to get them to take him as mascot. Unfortunately, they didn't but it didn't stop him wearing the speedway gear. John Carrack used to play football with us on the Bolehills - Harris's, Adams, Pete Vickers et all. Both Carracks were good lads and hopefully both are still fit and well.

Regards to Crookes folk

Geoff Worth

Did he ever get Clyde Featherby's goggles? They were a rarity as he didn't hand them out very often

Did he ever get Clyde Featherby's goggles? They were a rarity as he didn't hand them out very often

I doubt it. They were probably as rare as Clive's defeats

I doubt it. They were probably as rare as Clive's defeats

Well I've learned soemthing - never knew he was Sheffield lad

i have a sheffield wednesday 7" single by him "we love you wednesday" 1984 division 1 records

funny thing is i found it in a charity shop up here, not in sheffield lol