Sign in to follow this  

Downloading Illegally

Now im not going to admit to doing this as im afraid american music companies will trace me down and fine me £100s of thousands per song i have ... or dont have (?) BUT has anyone else out there noticed when THEIR FRIEND downloads songs off certain illegal file sharing programs that the song makes a terrible whooshing noise after a few seconds? MY FRIEND made me listen to certain songs with earphones on quite loud and the whooshing sound was so loud i thought it had damaged my ears! MY FRIEND noticed this happened on all kings of leon songs and that new black eyed peas one. Does anyone know what it is? I assume its some kind of attempt to stop downloading songs off particular artists but how would they do this to every single MP3 out there?

Its scary. Everytime MY FRIEND downloads a song now THEY always have to have the first listen with the sound turned right down incase this terrible noise occurs.

tell YOUR FRIEND (;);)) that its the record companies swamping kazaa with fake MP3s which sound normal to a point then have white noise

if YOUR FRIEND (;);)) PM's MY FRIEND he'll tell em where to obtain non-wooshy ones

Offer only open to kittykat

ooh ooh do tell pretty please!!?? Not that I have broadband, but I may soon!!

Yeah go on tell my friend on here so everyone knows. I feel i owe it to those greedy record companies who cant make do with being millionaires and have to be multi multi millionaires instead.

ps. im not condoning the use of this, nor do i actually use it myself (i prefer to actually go and buy the albums as i like fairly unknown bands anyway)

Originally posted by rarstar

sigur ros... i thought it was just me!

:D i take it you've been looking at my currently listening to then :lol:

yeah, some good stuff up there mate, but there seems to be a mistake on it though.... someone's added sophie ellis bexter as a joke!

;)

That was my understanding too - but based on that story (see the link above) it appears they are using other tactics too.