Please help..handbag stolen in hillsborough

think you need to read back at the other post coral water.

Ooops sorry i didnt scroll upwards before posting, but anyway glad it was recovered

Yay!! Glad you got it back and your personal info, bet that was a bit of a worry, I'd be petrified if someone got my details. Really pleased to see there are decent folk about, just like the Starbucks thread.

A lot of stuff goes on like this, my neighbour had their bag nicked out of their kitchen by kids in an opportunistic manner when she'd turned her back for a few mins with her back door open. We found the bag across the street in an outhouse, the only thing missing was a monthly bus pass.

The thing is, even if you get your stuff back, you still feel like you've been violated in some way and it does take time to get over.

Yay!! Glad you got it back and your personal info, bet that was a bit of a worry, I'd be petrified if someone got my details. Really pleased to see there are decent folk about, just like the Starbucks thread.

A lot of stuff goes on like this, my neighbour had their bag nicked out of their kitchen by kids in an opportunistic manner when she'd turned her back for a few mins with her back door open. We found the bag across the street in an outhouse, the only thing missing was a monthly bus pass.

The thing is, even if you get your stuff back, you still feel like you've been violated in some way and it does take time to get over.

Thanks to everyone for such kind words & support.

Sounds really silly but I did feel really violated!! The worst thing was I was really worried about him knowing where I live & having all of my details so was concerned about identity fraud too. I'd left a wage slip in my bag with my NI number on so along with all of the details from my driving licence he could have had a field day.

Even things like my favorite lipstick & a beautiful compact mirror that was a gift for my 30th birthday a few years ago were in there so the fact he had such private personal items really got to me. Silly I know :loopy: At least he didn't harm me or anyone that could have possibly caught him in the office.

I've since found out via CCTV/MD at work/Police etc etc that it was actually a 30 something drug addict! Shame he didn't realise my bag was actually worth £150, Muppet!!! :loopy:

Anyway at least tomorrow my bag & possesions will be back safely with me & hopefully I can put it all behind me, although I won't be responsible for my actions should I actually ever see him!!! :hihi:

Thanks again everyone :D

Just a quick update.

I had a call from the police this morning. My handbag & all contents (minus ciggies :hihi:) was found in a bin near the newsagents at Winn Gardens this morning. A lovely member of the public took it to Hillsborough Police station & handed it in.

Whoever you are & if you see this I cannot thank you enough.

It just shows there are still some genuine people out there!!

Great news, but lets find the hero, anybody know who he/she is

well done to the person for handing it in and well done to the police for knicking him so fast.

The 'hero' was a street cleaner who just happened to use the bin. Well done him. Trying to get more info to send him a thank you gift.

I'm glad your story had a good ending. Losing all your personal stuff must have made you feel sick! I hope you manage to trace the finder.

I'm glad you got your bag back safely although the theft must have been stressful, it's great there are good people out there and good for you for reporting it, looking out for it and not giving up!

Glad to hear you got your bag back with only ciggies missing. However if I were you I would be pretty miffed with the company for refusing to help re insurance. I would have thought that if a crime had taken place on their premises, then they would have an obligation to help. Too many firms are slacking on employee safety issues. Would your posessions have been covered under the company's insurance? Always best to check these things, I think.

I'm glad you got your bag back! It's nice to hear something like that for a change. There has been some more problems in this area last week, a few cars parked on a sideroad (where swan mortons is, just off penistone road) had all their front windscreens smashed... my sisters bf's car was one of these few. The police were informed and the last i heard is that they're checking the cctv from swan mortons.

Glad to hear you got your bag back with only ciggies missing. However if I were you I would be pretty miffed with the company for refusing to help re insurance. I would have thought that if a crime had taken place on their premises, then they would have an obligation to help. Too many firms are slacking on employee safety issues. Would your posessions have been covered under the company's insurance? Always best to check these things, I think.

I work for a small company & my MD's are like my kids (Older than me but I tend to mother them :hihi:) As soon as it happened they dug out the company insurance docs & told me to phone them. When the ins co said we weren't covered because it wasn't a violent entry my bosses really kicked off over the phone at them!! They were going to pay for my locks etc to be changed but as you know thankfully it didn't come to that. They were brilliant throughout it was the ins co's passing the book from one to the other!! :loopy: