Samuel Osborn & Co. Steelworks?

Osborn Steels was on Nether Lane at Ecclesfield. Worked in the Medical Centre - saw some horrific burns.

my dad work on Penistone rd.he work there while he was 70.

I worked for Samuel Osborns on the Wicker in Export. This then moved and changed its name to Osborn Steels Ecclesfield. They bought out half of Hall and Pickles. There was a wire fence which divided the two companies. The gate was opened at Lunchtime as we shared H&P canteen. For me this was spooky as I had worked at H&P from 15 to 17 and my husband and most of my friends and neighbours worked at H&P.

Alas all has gone now. Samuel Osborns Mushet Tool Works used to be on Penistone Road (Think it was this name as I left Sheffield in 1971), main road into Sheffield.

Hi I worked in the wicker post room then accounting machine room then moved to Ecclesfield which was a long way to go so left . 1967 to 1969. Any one remember me.  Muriel Fines 

My father was Cyril Stanley. He worked at the Wicker  after finishing at John Bedfords. He did a f years at Ecclesfield part time after retiring.  I used to call in at the office  coming from school or work and remember Mr Pratt, Herbert, and a couple of others  who I am sure I will recall in time. I used to think they were Laurel and Hardy because of their stature. 

I remember Dad talking about Muriel.

I officially retired in 2009 following a lifetime in the Steel industry.  I could write a book about the absolute pillows who ruined our industry!