Samuel Osborn & Co. Steelworks?

Does anyone know what happened to this company? I wondered if they are still going in one form or another(?)

I hope so their tools where second to none

I worked at Samuel Osbournes in the late 60's in the Wicker. They went on to take over part of Hatfields, Hall and Pickles. dont know what happened after that. Tell you what . It was the best job I ever had.

I worked at Samuel Osbournes in the late 60's in the Wicker. They went on to take over part of Hatfields, Hall and Pickles. dont know what happened after that. Tell you what . It was the best job I ever had.

Didn't Osbournes have a large factory in Ecclesfield too - my dad was made redundant from there is 1981 when that closed.:(

Didn't Osbournes have a large factory in Ecclesfield too - my dad was made redundant from there is 1981 when that closed.:(

so did my dad, also worked in wicker, i think blonk street was a roll turner

so did my dad, also worked in wicker, i think blonk street was a roll turner

before any come backs dad was a roll turner, not blonk street

I worked on the Hammers at Sammy Osbournes on Willy Street. The codder used to send me to Freidrichs Buthers for pork sandwiches and a bag of scraps mmmm wonderful!

I worked there in the mid 60's. 8 inch mill on Blonk St. Some names I recall, Bruce Fox, Mick Hill, Jeff Greenhill, Stuart Sorsby, Ken Sorsby. no doubt more will come to me the moment I shut down.

Does anyone know what happened to this company? I wondered if they are still going in one form or another(?)

I worked as a reeler at Blonk St/Wicker aroundabout '59/60, and also got to learn a bit of centreless grinding. Moved to Bacon Lane on the new c/less bar turners which I loved but they wouldn't pay me a fair rate. Saturday lunchtimes we used to go to The Grey Horse and had a great time with the skiffle before going to play football.

my dad work at osbourns his name was Charles taylor he was a forman.

and I new brian sorsby and his brothers .that going back a long way

I believe 'Hall and Pickles' was the Ecclesfield site.