Large footmuff

Hi,

My baby is 16 months old, and quite tall for his age. His footmuff is really getting too small for him, but as footmuffs don't come in sizes, I'm not sure what to do now. He has a Maclaren Techno pushchair, and we use a bottom-of-the-range Maclaren footmuff (almost too small now). Do you know if the Techno footmuff is longer? Or can you recommend a different make?

somebody maybe able to make you a larger one as i could do with a couple of larger once my self

I made my own based on the buggy snuggles dimensions. I bought my own fleece from Dunelm Mill and the Zips from ebay.

So if your sewing machine skills are up for the challenge, try making your own :)

hi do u fancy makin me one and i will pay u i no that im been cheeky but worth a try

how much did it cost u 2 make it

It cost me £4.99 for the funky flower fleece, £5.98 for 2 zips I think (got them from ebay. the metre of fleece I bought only was enough for 3 sections so I bought a cheap fleec throw to make another section and that cost me £4.

Basically, my design has 2 fleece thick on the back as the buggy liner and 2 fleece thick on the front section. It has 2 zips, one either side, so depend in whether your right or left handed, that comes in handy. Also it saves you zipping the whole thing off to get baby out, But it also gives you the ability to zip it off completely to have just the buggy liner.

The one I made is not exactly as perfect as what you'd buy in the shops but it fulfills it's purpose.

Zebra has seen it, so you could ask her to see what she thinks.

What buggy do you have by the way?

I've got a pic here so you can see it: http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj306/loll1981/mollyblur.jpg

hi i have a graco as im a childminder it would have 2 be unisex wot u have made is wicked would u consider making me please i would be very gratefully thanks xxxx

It cost me £4.99 for the funky flower fleece, £5.98 for 2 zips I think (got them from ebay. the metre of fleece I bought only was enough for 3 sections so I bought a cheap fleec throw to make another section and that cost me £4.

Basically, my design has 2 fleece thick on the back as the buggy liner and 2 fleece thick on the front section. It has 2 zips, one either side, so depend in whether your right or left handed, that comes in handy. Also it saves you zipping the whole thing off to get baby out, But it also gives you the ability to zip it off completely to have just the buggy liner.

The one I made is not exactly as perfect as what you'd buy in the shops but it fulfills it's purpose.

I've got a pic here so you can see it: http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj306/loll1981/mollyblur.jpg

That looks fab! Well done you!

That's great! See, no need to spend a fortune on this stuff, is there? :thumbsup:

My mum reckons you could make one virtually 'no sew' using a long section of fleece, folded at the foot section and then sewing sturdy poppers on the sides to fasten it up with. Fleece can be cut any which way as it shouldn't fray, so you can also cut the holes for the buggy straps to go through.