Timmins Family

Hello,

I (Zak) don't live in Sheffield or the UK for that matter. Not yet anyway! My wife and I may be moving to London shortly as it concerns something with my wife's business. Tony, my collaborator, lives in Chester.

The reason I'm writing ... I'm a FamilytreeDNA surname administrator for the "Timmons" project.

Tony, my collaborator, is an admin of another FTDNA surname project, "Timmins".

[i don't have enough history with this forum to post links. Otherwise, I would]

:(

The reason Tony and I are collaborating -- we're seeing a strong overlap (Y-DNA matching) between these two groups as it concerns these surnames. The Timmons -- it appears -- being cousins now in America. (many of whom came over in the 1600's/1700's)

As it concerns the earliest history, we've been some cases where the surname, Timmins, goes back to the 1500's in Staffordshire. :)

If you've done any DNA testing (or would consider it) ... or at the very least, you have a long pedigree you could share with us, we'd really very much like to hear from you!

Zak Jones - FTDNA Timmons volunteer admin (ftdna.timmons@gmail.com)

Tony Timmins - FTDNA Timmins volunteer admin (timmins@one-name.org)

Edited by jazdrv

I went to hillsborough school and then chaucer and I knew a PETER TIMMINS, he would have been born 1945/6 and I do believe he sadly died as a young man. He also lived around broughton rd.area