School dinners , what was your favourite?

Ive tried to recreate it at home many times but the damn ice cream melts in seconds- I dont have time to sit and eat it!

I don't know if they still exist but the small ice cream rolls were made by Hulleys ice creams.

It got quite boring at times waiting for it to melt !! :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

Oh the very thought of them, mashed potatoes full of lumps, just like the gravy, greens and carrots boiled for so long that they had no taste left in them. Then there was the meat, I'm still not sure, was it lamb, pork or beef? I actually can't remember the sweets, so they were probably edible.

The teachers ate the same crap, and they were supposed to be smart. I have never met a none domestic science teacher that can cook, and I never take eating out recommendations from them.

definatley cheese pie & chips..... no other touched it , in fact not many kids did:hihi:

I'll go with the cheese pie & chips , followed by treacle sponge & custard / jam sponge with coconut on t' top ( fish on friday always had "great big" bones in 'em , yuk !! )

Ecclesfield juniors 1961 -1965 ( happy days ! )

I loved school dinners, cleared my plate every time... except for the dreaded Spam fritters. They oozed grease and made me gip every time. Favourite dinner - the one in front of me.

http://www.birkett.yolasite.com - for a tale of crime and idiocy in Sheffield - 'First Job'

I only ever liked the puddings, rice pud or semolina with a spoon of jam, or sometimes if we were lucky 2 or 3 prunes dumped in the middle !!

I hated the main courses, particularly the lumpy mash and the chips were so greasy and uurrghhhh spam fritters !!. Cheese pie wasn't too bad but it was always served with lumpy mash and BEETROOT of all things!! do you know I have never been able to eat beetroot since !! I used to do deals with my mates I would eat the prunes etc... of they ate my mains. Happy days:D