Anybody a fan of chinese/hong kong cinema

Also, Iron Monkey is worth checking out! As long as you don't take it too seriously.

If you're after something other than kung fu, Zhang Yimou's less well known films like 'Not One Less' and 'Shanghai Triad' are well worth checking out. Wong Kar Wai never dissapoints with his films either, and as someone else pointed out.

If you're after great human stories then I'd also recommend 'Blind Shaft', 'Together With You' and '3-Iron' (though the last one is Korean).

i mainly like action fims or cat III violence just watched jackie chans new film Shinjuku Incident This isnt the usual jackie flick its a bit like crime story only with triads and more darker violence, decent film, Also recent films have been Ipman both red cliffs (these are amazing)

jackie chans son in invisible target gr8 action flick

Sorry, I m not a fan of chinese/ hong Kong cinema.

Thanks

I guess I am not a fan! We got Red Cliff out to watch yesterday, I found it incredibly boring and went to cook tea instead. My son (who is heavily into martial arts), his friend and my daughter watched it all the way through and they seemed to be enjoying it, although my daughter admitted she only enjoyed it because it was hilariously funny due to the remarks the other two were making. She recommends you watch it with friends and don't take it too seriously! Watch out for the killer eyebrows!

Also Chungking Express - my favourite Wong Kar Wai film.

i LOOOOOOVEEEE chungking express and it literally changed my life (sobs sobs)

"do you like pineapple"

IP Man is a great kung fu one

Edited by crimewave
opok

If you're after something other than kung fu, Zhang Yimou's less well known films like 'Not One Less' and 'Shanghai Triad' are well worth checking out. Wong Kar Wai never dissapoints with his films either, and as someone else pointed out.

If you're after great human stories then I'd also recommend 'Blind Shaft', 'Together With You' and '3-Iron' (though the last one is Korean).

i like your taste

'Fallen Angels' is a great Wong Kar Wai film, and has some action thrown in as well if that's your thing. 'Full Contact' by Ringo Lam was good too, and 'To Live and Die in Tsim Sha Tsui' by Andrew Lau. 'Hero' and the first 'Once Upon a Time in China' are nice kung fu films, and so are most things with Donnie Yen. I also like the old 80's ghost stories (Mr Vampire, A Chinese Ghost Story etc.)

;lk;k;k;k;

Edited by crimewave
jhkjjh

Hard Boiled, Killer, Fatal Contact, Assembly, The prodigal son, Moon Warriors, Mongol, Red dragon, 36th chamber of shaolin, Drunken master 1 & 2, Legend of fighter, Brotherhood, Warlords, Seven swords, dragon tiger gate.