CrunchBang Linux

Hi all,

Just thought I'd make a post about a new Linux distro that I read about in the recent Linux Format Magazine: #!

It's built using Ubuntu Intrepid's modules and packages so if you like Intrepid you'll easily grasp #!

Is anyone using it and would like to share their thoughts?

I've been using it now for two days and it is quite fantastic.

Check it out

i wouldnt mind running this, but cannot grasp linux at all,tried it a few times but cant suss it, everything is so complicated.

Yet another distro hits the shelves... what does this one claim to offer the others don't?

For now I'll stick with the one I've been using rather than switch for the hell of it. :)

Inital install looks nice from the screenshot on the web site and preferable over ubuntu to the eye.

However it just looks liked themed ubuntu with some preinstalled apps to be me as far as I can tell from the web site. It doesnt look like anything that couldnt be done by a normal user in a couple of hours - mind I didnt go through the web site much.

Inital install looks nice from the screenshot on the web site and preferable over ubuntu to the eye.

However it just looks liked themed ubuntu with some preinstalled apps to be me as far as I can tell from the web site. It doesnt look like anything that couldnt be done by a normal user in a couple of hours - mind I didnt go through the web site much.

I recommend Mandriva 2009, open SUSE, and Puppy Linux. You have to try and find a 'distro' that suits you best. Good luck! :)

Puppy linux is available in MANY 'Flavours' ... ... ... ... ... ...

http://www.puppylinux.org/downloads

:thumbsup:

:banana::banana::banana::banana:

Edited by mikeybaby72