Famous people asking for our hard earned cash

With the upcoming Comic Relief, does anyone else feel that the like of Jonathon Ross, Chris Martin, Bob Geldolf, U2, Madonna and all other begging celebs, should now be giving their own money rather than asking for ours. They could easily live off £2 mill and give everything after that to charity. Sorry for the rant but think it is wrong for multi-millionaires to ask your average Joe to pay.

If I am sounding Communist then sorry.

I totally agree. If they feel that strongly about charity why not donate their own money instead of publicity seeking. Now on the other hand if Wentworth Miller was making a plea on Comic Relief I would be on the phone making a donation like there was no tomorrow ;)

With the upcoming Comic Relief, does anyone else feel that the like of Jonathon Ross, Chris Martin, Bob Geldolf, U2, Madonna and all other begging celebs, should now be giving their own money rather than asking for ours. They could easily live off £2 mill and give everything after that to charity. Sorry for the rant but think it is wrong for multi-millionaires to ask your average Joe to pay.

I don't think it is a Communist rant - I have thought this for a long time and I cannot now bring myself to look at the screen when they are on without getting riled

I shouldn't have compared my rant with communism, however movie stars, pop stars, politicians and sportsmen earn enough, and should give everything over a set living amount to charity. Chris Martin, Bono and Sir Bob earn more than the whole of Sheffield

I agree it is very annoying but to be fair I suspect many celebs do give an awful lot to charity. They just don't see the need to publicise it all the time.

Personally I never give to any charity because a celeb is asking. I have my own ideas on which charities to support and I give what I can, without having any guilt that I can't give to every one.

I think you're sounding more silly than communist. Who's gonna present shows that convince people to give money if not celebrities?

Are you saying that only people who can't afford to give to charity should ever be allowed to encourage others to do so?

I think it's great that multi-millionaires ask your average Joe to pay.

I think you're sounding more silly than communist. Who's gonna present shows that convince people to give money if not celebrities?

Are you saying that only people who can't afford to give to charity should ever be allowed to encourage others to do so?

I think it's great that multi-millionaires ask your average Joe to pay.

Funny! At least I hope you are being ironic.