Old school headmasters & their nicknames

during my time at colley from 80 to 85 our head was mr jagger the sheepsha@@er , it didnt help him that we had a farm on the school site with several sheep! we also had a deputy by the name of miss bennett also known as battleship Come on folks you can sound off now without getting the cane!

Edited by mh01

oh dear!

The headmistress at Abbeydale Grange Lower School was Miss Williams in the 70's, her nickname was "Frog". Her Deputy was Mr Longley, known as "Daddy Longlegs"

Headmaster of the City Grammar School in the 1950s was Mr Northeast, Nicknamed "Windy".

At All Saints the headmaster rarely had a cigarette out of his mouth and being over 6 feet tall the kids nicknamed him 'The Towering Inferno'.

I thought this was one of the best nicknames I've come across.

PopT

Headmaster of Carfield Intermediate School in the 1940's ,"Old man Yak" (Mr.Kay).

Not very original, but there you are ! He was certainly one of the fairest men I've ever

met,a real gentle man and there were some tough kids at that school.

Mr Barron at Prince Edwards, AKA Barron Greenback, after the toad in the Dangermouse cartoons.

Mr Vernon Cross at Prince Edwards was known as "Very Cross"

Dr Florence Mary Green at Abbeydale Girls Grammar was just known as "Flo"

Mr Biggins at Silverdale was just known as George and the deputy head,Charlie Shooter, was Known as Pop.

Mr Hook head of Wisewood school in the 1970's was known as The Frog simply because he looked like one.

Nathaniel Langford Clapton (1903-1967), headmaster of King Ted's from 1950 to 1965 was known, appropriately, as "Fat Nat" (among other things....)

William ( or was it Walter? ) Humpstone, head of Chaucer School, aka Batman because he wore an academic gown...

oh dear!

The headmistress at Abbeydale Grange Lower School was Miss Williams in the 70's, her nickname was "Frog". Her Deputy was Mr Longley, known as "Daddy Longlegs"

:hihi: & Cooper Man at the upper school.