Funding for businesses affected by crime

Has anyone tried applying for funding from PUAC for secuirty measures for their business - if so how did you rate them?

I popped in to see someone from their HQ about making their services more widely publicised but they were not interested. The whole scheme seems to be behind closed doors.

I know lots of businesses that have been effected by crime but not given any sign post to this service. I dont know how it survives.

I would be interested to know if any one else has had any other experiences with this outfit. Somethings not quite right with it

dodgy you mean?

The website states:

People United Against Crime was founded in 1996 by South Yorkshire Police. It is a registered charity and a company limited by guarantee.The organisation works mainly in the Yorkshire & Humber region

Cant see what would be wrong with it on that basis.

Well cant prove anything but there is something not right about the people involved with it, and cant put my finger on what it is.

I am aware that is was /is funded by South Yorks police.

maybe they're just odd people :) never met them myself. Never even heard of PUAC before you mentioned it, though I have heard of the other one, South Yorkshire Business in Crime or something like that, also linked to SY police and funding crime prevention initiatives in business.