First Group Trouble at the mill

dan if everyone just kept quiet and got their heads down to work no matter how bad the employers were then we'd still have slavery, quit being such a coward.

I got so sick of employers treating staff like slaves I did do something about it. I quit and went self employed so all the benefits were mine.

Not sure how this makes me a coward but i'm sure you going to enlighten us all:rolleyes:

May the shop steward be justified and screw them to the wall, but i doubt it, employers are too savvy these days. My money says he got what was coming. (And yes, I'm guessing here).

I'll post my appology when i'm proved wrong.

the management at first south yorkshire are not "too savvy" as you say they bullies and nothing else they have no man management skills

as for the shop steward he is a top bloke and was sacked for sticking up for a member of the union, the management have got it wrong AGAIN as they always do

What I will do Dan is report you for your building work. I don't need to have any done but with the details at your site makes it easy to say you did something. Its not hard to such a thing. Maybe your correct with what you say about the shop steward but what makes you think its only one incident that is the cause of all the troubles?

Who exactly would you report me to and for what?

How would you prove I had worked without any form of invoice etc from me?

:loopy::loopy::loopy::loopy:

:huh::huh::huh::huh:

Who exactly would you report me to and for what?

How would you prove I had worked without any form of invoice etc from me?

:loopy::loopy::loopy::loopy:

:huh::huh::huh::huh:

Are you not registered? If not why not. Look at the logic of what was written. It is simple, a member of the public could simply turn up at your location and have an accident thus making a calmed on your liability insurance. This incident could be false as they do not have to report it to you but simply need to proof you were working in the area. Thus, taking your details is easy and a scam that your insurance providers will pay out on making your premiums higher. As you know with been self employed you have to meet the premiums so if it was an employee of yours who would you blame?

Its nothing personal its just the way it is but is it fair if an employer lays blame at the foot of an employee without proof because they need to be seen in doing something? That is a culture that breeds mistrust within an organisation.

I think bus drivers attitudes on the whole in Sheffield are fine considering all the crap they have to put up with, one thing i have to say is that they also have there share of real assholes who need to sort there attitudes out, maybe the management are not wholey to blame as some of the drivers just don't eseem to have 1% of customer service.

Yes, you get them in all occupations but the ones that are lacking in customer service attributes soon become those managers that treat others by the standards they use to work to while out on the road. This in turn shows that they know all the scams because they use to do it them-self. Because of this ingrained believe due to their own actions. First managers simply pass the buck/blame onto anyone to cover up their own failings.

Im told that drivers even started their own forum and it was forced underground due to managment attempting to identify drivers,its simply because First dont like the truth.

The whole management structure is based on bullying,intimidation and lies..FACT

Edited by Thunzi
reinstated post

I think bus drivers attitudes on the whole in Sheffield are fine considering all the crap they have to put up with, one thing i have to say is that they also have there share of real assholes who need to sort there attitudes out, maybe the management are not wholey to blame as some of the drivers just don't eseem to have 1% of customer service.

The problem with the attitude of drivers starts way above them. The whole attitude of staff on a company generally is something that is passed down through the levels of staff. If I reported for work and was treated badly there is a good chance that when going out on the road I would not be in the best frame of mind to deal with sometimes trying customers. It needs sorting out from above. Most drivers as you say can put this behind them, some, on some days, can not. Those who criticise drivers attitudes should try it before they say anything. I did and to be honest found that a smaller company generally treats there staff better and the result is that the staff perform better.

I have worked for stagecoach but on the trams, I know someone who worked on the worst group buses and he was so glad he left. The managers at stagecoach trams were brilliant with me

I heard that they were thinking of striking the other week, but this was more to do with the conditions of the buses and repairs than anyone been sacked

I heard that they were thinking of striking the other week, but this was more to do with the conditions of the buses and repairs than anyone been sacked

you`ve aged deano looking at your pic ,must be life in s5:hihi:

you`ve aged deano looking at your pic ,must be life in s5:hihi:

hehe I know I have, either that or I've aged waiting for a First bus