Carpetting a larger room

If your lounge is 17 ft square approximately, what do you do about carpets? I know carpetright make 5 metre widths but I still dont think thats enough. I didnt want laminate really, but I suppose I would have to.

This is a new house we are looking into buying and I just wondered. The floor is concrete.

Karndean or Amtico is always an idea

karndean looks like its good stuff, the carpet place guy praised it soo much, but only time will tell, i just had some put in my house... anybody else got karndean???

if you go to a reputable dealer you will get good advice I would recommend Dexters at Gleadless Townend

Karndeans quality my dad's been fitting it for years aswell as carpets. Not that expensive really for the durability of it. We had it fitted throughout our old house downstairs and handles the dailly traffic really well. I'm just in the process of persuading the other half to have it in our hallway.

P&d its quite expensive isnt it? we paid quite a bit for it, the guy said its much more expensive than laminate and it has to be fitted a certain way.

Has to be fitted by a professional. Not just some handy-man. My dad would fit it for anyone needing it and the price would be discussed by the 2 parties. The point about it been much more than laminate purely means that laminate is cut and any water will get in and swell and warp laminate, we know after mopping up numerous times from our puppy. with the mentioned it is glued down fully and the glue doesn't allow any water to go under, thinking on my dad has a portfolio for anyone wanting to see pics just message me and will try scan and forward

So Karndean and Amtico are expensive vinyls are they? Do they have to be joined for larger areas?

I suppose if I really wanted carpet I could have a join somewhere where it wouldnt be noticed.

True a carpet could be joined without no hassle. Karndean and Amtico come in narrower strips than laminate flooring and vary in length there also completely stuck to the floor and are a hell of a lot better than a floating laminate floor. If you need any more assistance feel free to get in touch 07904341402 Paul