Producing info for the police within 7 days

Whattttttttttttt no card mmmm what shall I do now helppppppppp lol,and kay there`s is the beginning of a sentence capital T lol

'Aaaah! gawd bless ya mum, your the sort o' the erf'

'Aaaah! gawd bless ya mum, your the sort o' the erf'

lololololololololololol

You need to find someone who actually works in customer service. I used to work for Norwich Union and often had to send out documents of this nature. One tip to avoid your call going to a call centre abroad is to phone your company's home insurance customer service number. Very few home insurance call centres are abroad due to the bigger cost for the company if their operatives make a mistake. Another good tip for getting through to the right person is www.saynoto0870.com, you will be able to search for the alternative geographical number for the department you need.

Just a shame the police can't use a little common sense and except the documentaion you have.

Re Boyfriday.

The whole issue is that the car IS and WAS insured. I am trying to get the insurance company to send a letter to that effect, though every time I recieve a fax it is just the original policy doc with the original number plate showing. Of course every time I speak to the insurance company I speak to a new person who, on looking at the records, tells me that the relevant info has already been sent! The upshot is that we will end up i court will the CPS saying "why have we wasted everyones time here?"

Yes, it does sound like you will be summonsed for failing to provide the information within the timeframe. I've had cherished numbers on cars and my broker sorted out all the necessary paperwork, but the policy document ultimately has to reflect the number plate of the car.

Something else you could try would be to take in the original V5 for the vehicle showing the old registration mark and the DVLA document, showing the transfer (cant remember what thats called), but it's the document you need in order to get the car taxed to reflect the new number plate. Once again good luck, if it does end up in court, try to have the relevant paperwork in order well before then, the court clerk might even accept the documents by post so you don't have to attend (they will require the originals btw), but you need to check with them first!!