Anybody been to Denmark?

I'd recommend Denmark and Norway - perhaps not the most striking, monumental places on Earth but they offer a friendly, optimistic culture...

Yes... about 90% of the women look like super models... Very good indeed..

I went to Norway for a week over New Years, which is a pretty similar place culturally and socially.

Prepare yourself for a shock when you see how much things cost! Denmark and Norway are among the world's strongest economies (per capita) and it shows in the prices. They have always been expensive countries but with the pound in the state it is, prices are just silly.

Prices that stick in my mind: Burger king whopper meal £14. Snickers bar £2.30. Bottled water £2.50. Kebab £10. Entry to Hard Rock Cafe Oslo £20. One pint £7.50+.

While Norway was worth it for the scenery, Denmark isn't particularly renowned for this.

I have to say that at the moment I cannot recommend it unless you are fairly rich. There's a better time to be had in other places.

Iceland is probably the better bet as far as Scandinavia goes at the moment, or Sweden.

I'd recommend Denmark and Norway - perhaps not the most striking, monumental places on Earth but they offer a friendly, optimistic culture...

Norway is pretty monumental … and striking and is the very opposite of Danish geography.

I'd say that Denmark is much more relaxed, gregarious and cosmopolitan than Norway, with Sweden falling somewhere in between.

Since when were the Norwegians optimistic? They generally seem the opposite to me.

I was just going on my own experience of visiting the two countries... what I meant by "not the most striking, monumental places" is the architecture - for that in Europe I'd recommend Florence or Granada.

Edited by Santiago