Trapped Abroad on BBC1 tonight (Wednesday)

Hello, please see the link below regarding Steven Griffiths originally from Sheffield and his familys plight to bring him home.

www.justgiving.com/stevensfund

In addition, please watch the TV programme tonight 11th February 2009 (Inside out) on BBC1 at 19:30

Thankyou

(For further information please PM)

Is this not why you should always have travel insurance? The European Health Insurance Card is not insurance against repatriation or even a guarantee of medical assistance as I found in Bulgaria. Luckily I followed the advice and paid £25 for travel insurance and I was covered with no questions asked.

Also my cousin broke his back in South America. His insurance paid for the transport back to the UK in a private plane with two doctors etc.

I must admit, I’m conflicted between thinking why should people bail out someone who took the conscious decision not to have insurance against all travel advice and the fact he is someone in need.

Edited by Berberis

Nothing called "trapped abroad" on BBC1 tonight ? :huh:
Hello It's the BBCs Inside Out programme, the feature is on trapped abroad...

Thanks

Hello It's the BBCs Inside Out programme, the feature is on trapped abroad...

Thanks

ill be watching -he needs all the help he can get

ill be watching -he needs all the help he can get
Thankyou Mr Benn for your support...

Sure he made a mistake with the insurance but now he needs help to get home. Poor bloke.

Sure he made a mistake with the insurance but now he needs help to get home. Poor bloke.
Thank you that is really kind of you.

A case like this has to be a stark reminder to never travel overseas without any travel insurance.

I find it strange the some people are willing the spends hundreds if not thousands on a holiday but then are not willing to spend a few extra £ on insurance.

allways pay the extra for travel insurance

will watch 2nite

bloody good cause:thumbsup:

Is it really that good of a cause ?

Sure i feel sorry for the guy but to me its more s case of bailing out someone due to them been stupid enough to travel abroad without any insurance.

Travel insurance these days costs peanuts and what amazes me even more is that people think that the EHI card is all they need.