Best sad film/ending/song

having recently watched the brave one i have to say that has a really sad ending and its made all the more sadder (but better) by the song 'answer' by sarah mchlaclan its a brilliant song i highly recommend it and the film! also planes, trains and automobiles has another sad but brilliant ending!

Oh I'm going to have to think. The only ones I can think of at the moment are the typical chick flicks - city of angels, pearl harbour and titanic. I'm sure I can think of others.

dancer in the dark is very depressing I would recommend it ut at the same time I wouldn't as its too depressing

The wrestler has this sadness that runs right through it. I don't know how it could fail to get you really. And the Bruce Springsteen song which was written for the character. But Springsteen's voice always makes me feel sad!

Although it's not my favourite Kitano film (that would be Hana Bi), the ending to Sonatine never fails to break my heart every time I watch it.

Oh the best sad ending has to be Love Story. I start crying before the end now, because I know what's coming.

It's embarrassing when you go to the cinema and the sad bit is right at the end though. The lights come up and you're still crying.

OMG my 14 year old and I watched 'the family stone' last week and wept like Kate Winslet winning her award

I am Legend was the last film that made me cry buckets (I had to compose myself before driving home!) but seven pounds came close last week. Damn you Will Smith!!!

I am Legend was the last film that made me cry buckets (I had to compose myself before driving home!) but seven pounds came close last week. Damn you Will Smith!!!

Why does Will Smith have this power over us all? Hitch is a real tear jerker. :hihi:

The saddest film i have seen was recently...Marley & Me. It was so sad and i was roaring my eyes out on the cinema.:sad::sad::sad::sad::(:(:(:(

Oh and My Girl...wheres his glasses, he needs his glasses....that bit gets me everytime. :(