Has Virgin media blocked torrent sharing some how?

I thought that downloading from these sites was illegal ??? :huh:

It depends on what you're downloading. A lot of shareware programs and the like are distributed perfectly legally through these sites.

I find Virgin painfully slow at best of times. I'm just downloading some Adobe software [legitimately] and it's got 11 hours to go!! A lot of the time it's worse than dial up. :rant::rant::rant:

Oh, since I wrote that several seconds ago, it now has 17hrs to go!!!!!!!!

Virgin does seen to have the odd day when it runs very slowly, but most of the time it works great for me. Just done a quick speed test and got these results.

Download Speed: 10030 kbps (1253.8 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 470 kbps (58.8 KB/sec transfer rate)

I regularly get over 1000KB/sec when using torrents.

I used speedtest.net on desktop and got 2284 down and 120 up.

Did same on laptop with wireless connection 2397 down and 106 up.

Somewhat less than you as I'm getting only 20% of what you are!

I'm on 10M in theory.

At 7am this morning it was more spritely when downloading stuff from Adobe, but I seem to be severely throttled other than at dead of night. Even if I've not been using it for anything other than email or light browsing.

I've been having the same problem for over a year their is a problem that they know about in the S8 exchange that it can not deal with the demand they suppose to have upgraded last Feb08 but haven't, I keep shouting at them and get money back... but what I want is for them to fix the switch so we can all enjoy broadband at the speed we are paying for... We need more people to complain about speed issue and may be they will do something about it... Keep complaining they will give you money back I’ve had most of a year worth re-credited to my account….but you got to keep at them, with phone calls and complaint forms from their web site….