Haunted Hospitals

I have looked after people who can hear people talking to them on the day they die, when there is no one around but yourself. This was also true of a lady who was resusicitated. She could hear brass bands playing ( she was normally tone deaf). She also started seeing people who had died saying that they had come for but she did not want to go yet. I don`t know what happened to that lady. What are people`s thoughts on the visitors get before they die or after someone is brought back from the dead.

I belive in all that, and belive that when you are dying someone does come to guide you there maybe a loved one from the past or your spirit guide, or angel.

I hope someone made my mums passing over a smooth and safe journey and that she is now peaceful and watching over me

I have looked after people who can hear people talking to them on the day they die, when there is no one around but yourself. This was also true of a lady who was resusicitated. She could hear brass bands playing ( she was normally tone deaf). She also started seeing people who had died saying that they had come for but she did not want to go yet. I don`t know what happened to that lady. What are people`s thoughts on the visitors get before they die or after someone is brought back from the dead.

I think the fact that different people have different experiences makes the idea that they are passing on to another world very unlikely.

What's interesting is that while different people in different cultures have different experiences they are often similar in some ways (white light etc.). I think this probably indicates it is an evolved response to help the mind deal with a slow death, a long way from sure though. I think this seems far more likely than the idea that the person is 'passing on to the other side' in some way.

Not got one about hauntings in hospitals although I do have many stories of hauntings in other places.

My contribution is about when a person passess from physical to spirit. When the person is on the start of their journey home, relatives, guides and spirit starts to gather around the person and will wait with them until it is time for them to leave. More often than not, the dying person is aware of their presence even if they are not psychic and have no ability to see spirit. This is a great comfort for the dying person. Spirit will then take the deceased person home. Once the process is complete, the tunnel (as i call it) will close and this is how I know that the dying person has passed over safely.

No-one, human or animal, ever passes alone in my experience of this which is a hugely comforting thought.

I was sure that some of the buildings are standing yes, is centenary house the building behind the supermarket? if that is the one yes that was part of the hospital, this thread is really interesting, now we need some workers from the supermarket to join in :hihi:

So.......... does anyone or has anyone worked in the supermarket in front of the old Infirmary building and have you any 'strange happenings' to share with us ?

Not got one about hauntings in hospitals although I do have many stories of hauntings in other places.

My contribution is about when a person passess from physical to spirit. When the person is on the start of their journey home, relatives, guides and spirit starts to gather around the person and will wait with them until it is time for them to leave. More often than not, the dying person is aware of their presence even if they are not psychic and have no ability to see spirit. This is a great comfort for the dying person. Spirit will then take the deceased person home. Once the process is complete, the tunnel (as i call it) will close and this is how I know that the dying person has passed over safely.

No-one, human or animal, ever passes alone in my experience of this which is a hugely comforting thought.

So when a microscopic bacteria dies the spirits of it's family come and help it pass on? Even though it doesn't have a mind to have any memory of them so they wouldn't bring any comfort whatsoever? Even though he doesn't have parents like we do his dad just split in half t make him.

Or some slug's granddad turns up from the other side after I've poured salt on him to take the slug into the next life. Even though yet again, the Slug clearly has no emotional attachment to it's grandfather whatsoever.

When the first self-replicating strands of DNA ceased to function (died) who the hell's spirit came to guide them through 'the tunnel'? Considering that there was no life before them.

So when a microscopic bacteria dies the spirits of it's family come and help it pass on? Even though it doesn't have a mind to have any memory of them so they wouldn't bring any comfort whatsoever? Even though he doesn't have parents like we do his dad just split in half t make him.

Or some slug's granddad turns up from the other side after I've poured salt on him to take the slug into the next life. Even though yet again, the Slug clearly has no emotional attachment to it's grandfather whatsoever.

When the first self-replicating strands of DNA ceased to function (died) who the hell's spirit came to guide them through 'the tunnel'? Considering that there was no life before them.

I think you've totally missed the point!:hihi:

It must be quite sad to believe that when you die, there is no more. That you go through life and endure the hell that life/people chuck at you and there is no more. You don`t have to be religious to believe there is more to life than this. It is going to be a suprise when you pass over. I toast your belief in the faith of nothingness.

I think you've totally missed the point!:hihi:

And what makes you think that?

The fact that I've pointed out several reasons why it's extremely unlikely that all animals have spirits.

I think you totally missed the point of my post.

It must be quite sad to believe that when you die, there is no more. That you go through life and endure the hell that life/people chuck at you and there is no more. You don`t have to be religious to believe there is more to life than this. It is going to be a suprise when you pass over. I toast your belief in the faith of nothingness.

It's not sad really at all, it means I'm 100% focused on making this world and this life as good as possible, because it's all I've got. So I just try to be as happy as possible and make those around me happy, couldn't be much further away from sad.

"endure the hell that life/people chuck at you" That's what you think of life and you call me sad? I suggest you focus on being happy now instead of hoping there's fun stuff to do in the next life. I mean for another thing it's not like ghosts ever come back and say "aw Jim I can't wait till you die, we can go to Alton Towers for ghosts and have a great time!" What on earth are you expecting from the afterlife that's gonna be better than this?

Also I'm kind of glad that my loved ones (for example my Granddad who died a few years ago now) don't have to float around getting bored for the rest of eternity. I'd be a lot more sad if I thought he was a ghost, because that must be pretty lame to be fair. Floating around with the only douches that can talk to you being people like Derek Acorah.

In fact if you're not religious and don't believe in heaven and hell then what the hell is the point in spirits anyway? They aint got nowhere to go, it'd be boring as hell floating around for all time.

Don't look forward to the afterlife too much, not that you'll be disappointed (you'll be dead) it's just be a waste of time.

It's not sad really at all, it means I'm 100% focused on making this world and this life as good as possible, because it's all I've got. So I just try to be as happy as possible and make those around me happy, couldn't be much further away from sad.

"endure the hell that life/people chuck at you" That's what you think of life and you call me sad? I suggest you focus on being happy now instead of hoping there's fun stuff to do in the next life. I mean for another thing it's not like ghosts ever come back and say "aw Jim I can't wait till you die, we can go to Alton Towers for ghosts and have a great time!" What on earth are you expecting from the afterlife that's gonna be better than this?

Also I'm kind of glad that my loved ones (for example my Granddad who died a few years ago now) don't have to float around getting bored for the rest of eternity. I'd be a lot more sad if I thought he was a ghost, because that must be pretty lame to be fair. Floating around with the only douches that can talk to you being people like Derek Acorah.

In fact if you're not religious and don't believe in heaven and hell then what the hell is the point in spirits anyway? They aint got nowhere to go, it'd be boring as hell floating around for all time.

Don't look forward to the afterlife too much, not that you'll be disappointed (you'll be dead) it's just be a waste of time.

You've never worked the night shift in a hospital have you ?

I have worked in hospitals for over 30 years - many years of those on the night shift.

I don't have any strong religious beliefs and I consider myself to be quite grounded . However, there have been occasions when 'things' have happened that cannot be explained .............

Edited by Daven
addy

I don't have any strong religious beliefs and I consider myself to be quite grounded . However, there have been occasions when 'things' have happened that cannot be explained .............

I don't doubt for a second that's true, sometimes things happen that can't be readily explained.

So why ignore that fact and try to explain them using ghosts then?