Haunted Hospitals

My nan whilst in BML kept commenting in the weeks up to her death of two children coming to visitor her dressed in Edwardian clothes. I dont remember any details about the boy other than he wore a dark colour cap but the girl was wearing her Sunday Best and had on a long red coat which was gathered at the back (just above the bum) and had long brown hair in ringlets and a red ribbon holding some of her hair off her face - nan commented she thought it was me (apparently Lily saw the kids too) and yes, this is the same nan I mentioned earlier, the blind one!!

Did she have a brother and sister who died in infancy ?

Did she have a brother and sister who died in infancy ?

Thats what I thought too so I checked, no is the answer. Still she could have had spirit guides who were children, apparently one of mine is a beautiful 7/8 year old angelic long blonde hair emerald green eyes kid, never seen her yet but have seen Veronica (bigger version but hair is in a bob very 50's style clothing too).

I was once told by one of my patients that I had many guardian angels walking behind me - more than she had seen anyone have before !

I've never seen any of them though.

The NGH is said to have a few ghosts, it was classed as the workhouse in Victorian times. People were shut away in there for having children out of wedlock.

My aunt was a sister there and tole me of one story.

There is a Hospital in Loughbrough although its closed down, there are beds and other itmes still in there and have heard of security guards who have heard babies crying in there during the night

Hi twibstix.

I haven't been on here for a while now and just seen your post.

Here's a little bit more information regarding Rotherham General Hospital that I put on a while since:

Two friends had attended a hospital in the Rotherham area one lunch time and after they had completed their enquiries were walking down the corridor to the the stairs and lifts and In front of them was a heavily pregnant lady in her mid twenties also making her way to the stairs/lift area.

They were only a few yards behind the lady and followed her to the lifts where she got in and as the two friends had a lot of equipment with them they decided to use a lift as well.

As the door closed one of them called to her to hold the lift just as the door shut, the lift door had a glass panel in it and you could see the light on inside as the lift had not moved, one of them who was only a few steps behind the lady pressed the button on the wall, the doors open and they both walked in to the lift.

One of them was confused as the lift was empty, thinking he must have imagined it he turned to his colleague and asked if he had just seen something unusual as he did not want his mate to ridicule him, his colleague replied, 'Yes, that pregnant woman who just walked in here and dissapeared'

As for the Matron and Her frilly cap, I was only talking to my partner the other evening and He mentioned that an ex work mate from the Ambulance service who was based at the station within the grounds of Rotherham General Hospital had seen the Matron a number of times.

She walks from the old Oakwood Hall building and along the rear of the Ambulance station towards what was the Oakwood school on Moorgate.

Edited by joannefranco

Hi twibstix.

Here's a little bit more information regarding Rotherham General Hospital that I put on a while since:

Thanks for that, fascinating, any more for any more anyone, this thread is really interesting.

Please someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm sure I heard the Hallamshire is built on the site of an old convent. A lady I know used to work there as a cleaner on the nightshift and she sometimes used to hear singing - and it wasn't the other staff! She also mentioned about the lifts - occasionally you'd get in at night and they'd be like walking into a freezer they were so cold.
iv spent more time in the rhh than i care to remember but your right about them lifts i have to eat at regular intervals so the nurses give me a voucher to go to the canteen every 2 hours or so by eck do them lifts get cold i dunt know which is the worst the lifts or the back stairways in the days when you could have a crafty smoke!

Has anyone had any spooky experiences in hospital?
i dont know about spooky at the ngh i could hear strnge noises during the night and thought nothing of it until i came home and read in the paper it had a serious problem with rats & mice

I've heard lots of stories about the NGH. An old Matron has been spotted in the Occupational Therapy Department, and I've heard of patients asking about a little girl who they've seen running about. Apparently she is looking for her mother who used to work in the work houses. I also know of a person who was in the office and felt a tap on her shoulder and turned around and no one was there, and also of someone locking up and seeing a shadow going into the bathroom but when she went in again there was no one there. It's very eery going down the old Vickers wards but I've never seen anything myself :help:

Maybe its the ghost of MRSA on Vickers :hihi: as when my dad was alive everytime he went on there he got it everytime and there was always someone on there who got it.

i dont know about spooky at the ngh i could hear strnge noises during the night and thought nothing of it until i came home and read in the paper it had a serious problem with rats & mice

This was actually true in the 1970's when I started my nurse training. Despite the media hype (lies) , hospitals in the 1970's and before were mice and cockroach ridden places. It was commonplace for cats and pigeons to wander on to the wards, especially during the night. Crickets were very vocal at night and the varying types of beetles that scuttled around the ward floors would have kept David Attenborough amused for hours. This wouldn't be tolerated in 2009.

Edited by Daven
spello

I have looked after people who can hear people talking to them on the day they die, when there is no one around but yourself. This was also true of a lady who was resusicitated. She could hear brass bands playing ( she was normally tone deaf). She also started seeing people who had died saying that they had come for but she did not want to go yet. I don`t know what happened to that lady. What are people`s thoughts on the visitors get before they die or after someone is brought back from the dead.

Hi twibstix.

Thanks for that, fascinating, any more for any more anyone, this thread is really interesting.

How lovely and scary, maybe we should get to gether as a group and do a tour of the hospital grounds one evening