Help needed for xbox 360 - red light

my sons xbox has one flashing red light, does anyone know where i can get it repaired. Thankyou

red light = ring of death take it back and they will exchange it unless you got it second hand if thats the case your up the creek

I had the same problem a couple of weeks ago. All i did was unplug it all, and take out anything plugged into the USB ports. Try and blow some of the dust out of the back of it. Then restart it all. Hope this helps

If you go to the link that Jamie0114 posted and enter your serial number they will tell you if you qualify for a free repair. The fault you mention is the same as my son's Xbox has just had. The warranty on that fault is extended to 3 years. We were lucky, the console went wrong with just 2 weeks to spare :hihi:

If you qualify, they will email a UPS collection label, they collect and about a week later the Xbox returns good as new.

Good luck!

ring complex computer shop at handsworth they can fix them 2561010

if its still under warrenty she dont need to call complex at all

I was going to put the same thing but you beat me to it. Why fork money out when they can have it repaired for free?

I was going to put the same thing but you beat me to it. Why fork money out when they can have it repaired for free?

if its the red ring of death its pooped if she is out of warrenty if she pms me i will tell her how to get it done for free hehehehehehe

I aint no expert, however I was getting one red light occasionally when powering up.

Some tech forum said its usually down to over heating, so I moved the box outta the entertainment unit to improve airflow and also shifted the power-pack to a more suited / well ventilated area outside the entertainment unit.

Since then, I simply power up by pressing eject, closing the draw and simply switch off (leave it a second or two) and then switch it back on and whey-hey, we're in x-box-business.

@ Munky

This is correct. One light normally indicates partial overheating, or too much stuff plugged in to the USB, meaning that the system has less power to work with.

what's your problem? the op asked where she could get it repaired, it doesn't say whether or not its under warranty.