Is there a cinema in Hillsborough?

I've got an afternoon to kill in Hillsborough tomorrow and just wondered if there is a cinema? I dont want to be tempted to do any shopping!

I don't think there is!

You could always hop on the tram to the Centertainment Park and go to the UGC - should only take about 30 mins from Hillsborough.

Is Hillsborough far from the city centre? Do you know if a tram runs and how long it takes. The problem is I've never been to Hillsborough so have no idea how to spend an arvo there.

would be much quicker hopping on the tram to town , the odeon is accross from the cruicable theatre

Originally posted by ddolly

Is Hillsborough far from the city centre? Do you know if a tram runs and how long it takes. The problem is I've never been to Hillsborough so have no idea how to spend an arvo there.

Hillsborough is not far from the city centre.

The tram would take 15 mins maximum if the traffic is ok.

Its about 15 mins from town on the tram

trams are very frequent every 10 mins at most

get on the meadowhall tram and get off atvalley centretainment

Dont goto the odeon in town if you have got long legs, last time i went there to see lord of the rings and was in absolute agony. you any idea how long that film is when you have got cramp and sat next to some smelly fat blob of a woman, shuvelling crisp into her mouth.

UGC is much more comfortable

The Odeon is awful - I'd much rather spend an extra 15 mins on the tram and go to a decent cinema than waste my money in there.

I've just had a look at the bus website and I can easily get a bus to Meadowhall so think I'll do that! I'll have a poke around on the UGC website and see what looks good. Looking forward to having a bucket of popcorn and the cinema to myself!

you would be much quicker and more comfortable on tram to meadowhall

I work just off parson cross so I think the 17a drives by, so I think I'll just hop on that. Then tram it back to hillsb afterwards. I knock off work at 2 but have untill 7 to kill when I need to be in Hillsb. If that makes sense? Thanks for all the tips tho!

yeah the 17 goes to meadowhall and is every half hour:)

Willis discount (now Netto) used to be one did'nt it?

...................................A few years ago of course!!