Peace in the park 09

It's only once a year or a third of a day, should be finished by now anyway

Perhaps it's been hijacked then because it's STILL going on as I type this and has been since at least noon today. It just seems to have got louder and bassier since about 6pm.

Perhaps it's been hijacked then because it's STILL going on as I type this and has been since at least noon today. It just seems to have got louder and bassier since about 6pm.

I think it is due to be followed by a rave!!

I think it is due to be followed by a rave!!

Joy. Something to look forward to for the evening then.

I wouldn't mind if it weren't so loud, or if the music were better over long distance, or if we'd been informed that it was going to go on for just as long as it has.

It's only once a year or a third of a day, should be finished by now anyway

It might only be once a year but I for one could happily exist for many years without drum and bass pounding away outside my home. I could also miss without any regret the subsequent pounding headache. :rolleyes:

Oh yes and the noise could be heard right over walkley so it's hardly a low impact event. Not so much peace in the park as howling maelstrom of noise in the park.

I think its a great project and can't wait for next years. And if you live close by... If you can't beat em, join em! Go get involved. Its one day a year. One day.

I think its a great project and can't wait for next years. And if you live close by... If you can't beat em, join em! Go get involved. Its one day a year. One day.

I am unable to join in as you suggest, caring for an ill elderly parent takes up the vast slice of my day. Like yesterday for example where I put in a solid 11 hours before coming home to the restful strains of drum and bass rattling the flat apart. Would that life were so simple.

Your being so negative! I'd have grabbed a blanket, shoved 'em in a wheel chair and made 'em chair dance. I was at a party last night where there was an 80 year old woman telling the rudest jokes I've ever heard - these old folk love a chair dance.

Your being so negative! I'd have grabbed a blanket, shoved 'em in a wheel chair and made 'em chair dance. I was at a party last night where there was an 80 year old woman telling the rudest jokes I've ever heard - these old folk love a chair dance.

Really ? You obviously know how to care for my mother and her current crop of medical problems so much better than I do. :rolleyes:

mikeybaby72 and I went for a few hours yesterday afternoon....

It was full of colourful hippies :o Oh, how I miss being a colourful hippy.

We spent most of the time at the Jesus Army tent....and I had quite an experience. There was a prayer board where people could write prayers. However a group of lads (with 2litre cider bottles) came and made mischief. After a while one of them asked for prayer and went off happy with a little orange cross on a bit of string....he bought back more of his friends. I felt useful chatting to these lads.

I enjoyed it.....and we were very close to the noisiest music.

At least the weather wasn't as bad as it was earlier in the day and like it has been today. The rain held off for a few hours.

I am looking forward to Peace in the Park 2010.

Thank you to all who organised it :D

It is difficult caring for elderly relatives.

But Peace in the Park manages to get a license year after year so must be doing something right. Personally I had a brilliant time, and the music finished at 8 so the inconvenience is only for one day.