Peace in the park 09

Hi everyone,

Peace in the Park is a great, free summer festival in Sheffield. Please visit our website at peaceinthepark.org.uk to find out more.

This year we are having some great stuff for kids. Craft workshops, Sports activites, Face Painting and much more. We are also holding a performance area and are hoping to see some great acts, children's entertainers, dance groups etc...

We are currently looking for volunteers to help out on the day.Or alternatively, if you know of any dance groups, kids entertainers or performers that would like the opportunity to show off their skills to a large and happy audience, please send them our way!

If any of the above interests you and you'd like to help out we'd love to hear from you at [email protected]

Peace Lucy

where is it going to be held? or is all the big parks? I had a look on the site, but I must be missing something

when is this has a date been set I couldn't tell by looking at website:huh:

Hiya

Its being held at the Ponderosa Park in Upperthorpe, it was held there last year for those of you that went.

The date has been set for the 6th June.

We'll have to sort details out on the website, sorry for any confusion!

I missed it last year, but went the year before when it was at Endcliffe Park, and it was a really fine day out, good for kids too, which counts for a lot if you've got a littl'un.

Is anyone looking forward to it this Saturday.

I hope the weather stays fine for it.It was such a good event last year.

Not so lovely for those of us who live next to it.

twas a very good afternoon. Great to see a lovely chilled out atmosphere (and Jilly Goulden.)

twas a very good afternoon. Great to see a lovely chilled out atmosphere (and Jilly Goulden.)

Really? I missed her

Shame about the weather, would have been a whole lot nicer if we could have lounged about on the grass for a bit.

Not so lovely for those of us who live next to it.

Not just those who live next to it. I'm up on Roebuck Road and I've been having to tolerate music and bass so loud it's fighting with my own music and television. It's driving me up the wall!

It's only once a year or a third of a day, should be finished by now anyway