O2 broadband

Having looked about I've seen reports of slow speeds on O2 but not on be*. I know they're the same network, but I'd choose be* over O2. Just my opinion though.

I'd have to disagree with that, I'm on Be* and have suffered quite a lot of major slowdowns and ping spikes over the past few months. To be fair to them I've never had it go off completely though, which it did occasionally with my old ISP. A look over the Be forums though shows there are a lot of people not pleased with the way things have been going lately.

It is fab when it's working right though, I can get over 1MB/s on a good day which is not too shabby at all.

I wanted to change to O2 & was told Broomhill Exchange didn't do it.

Is this correct?

Granma.

Don't you think it Ignorant when some one asks a for opinions and does not bother to reply.

No. Not everyone is on here 24/7.

Thanks to everyone else...not sure about the OP but I'm happy to go with them. Just home the router is a decent one and supports WPA2....O2 don't give enough info on their site.

I wanted to change to O2 & was told Broomhill Exchange didn't do it.

Is this correct?

If you put your phone number in the checker on this page:

http://www.samknows.com/broadband/search.php

It'll show you which suppliers are available at your exchange. When searching for Broomhill it does show that O2/Be* is available there:

O2 / Be: Enabled as of 28/10/2006

I'd still check the phone number as some lines can be connected to different exchanges than the closest.

Hope that helps,

You can also check for O2 broadband availability on O2's website !!!

https://www.o2broadband.o2.co.uk/getBroadband.do

"See if you can get O2 Home Broadband now

Enter your BT landline number to see which O2 Home Broadband packages you can get. If you don't have a BT landline, enter your postcode to see if we cover your area."

its the best broadband i have had an at least you get English people helping you out,as with orange it was forgein people who you could not communicate with so was on the phone to long,bt use indian people so O2 is the Best out there

Biggest characteristic is distance from your exchange and quality of your internal and external phone cable. I’ve worked in plenty of Virgin Media street cabinets and the majority look like a bomb has gone on inside them. Obviously BT street cabinets are stringently maintained so cable issues are usually within the home.

I use ‘Be’, and live about 500 yards from an exchange, receive around 22mg on a 24mg contract. My connection has been up over 3 months without re-connect.

Just switching to O2 from BT, interestingly earlier in the year, the proper O2 packages were available on the Broomhill exchange, then they weren't and a couple of weeks ago, they re-appeared! So go for it...

.. oh and sign up via quidco for some extra cashback if you do :)