Does any one know any garages that don't rip you off?

Thorncliffe Garage on the Thorncliffe indusrial estate in Chapeltown they are great.

I'd second that. A good sign is that they are always busy, but will get you in asap.

Jim

Try Lancaster and Maw near the Acorn pub at the top of Burncross. They have been in business over 30 years, all the locals use them and they are as honest as the day is long.

Wern't that great for this local that used them once!

Thorncliffe Garage on the Thorncliffe indusrial estate in Chapeltown they are great.

I second that. Used to use them for our cars when lived at Chapeltown. Very reasonable and never ripped us off. They're a great bunch of guys. The company, my then husband, worked for even took their vans there for servicing/MOT'ing on our recommendation.

When we live in Sheffield (up to sept 2003) I used newhall motors as it was close to work, and they were (IMHO) honest and reliable.

:thumbsup::clap: just depends on witch side of the city you live but at the top of east bank road just as it levels out there is a jet petol station called pearl motor's sure that you wont go for wrong with them ask for steve :hihi:

Don't use challenger on Rutland road i took my uncles car there for a new exhaust and they said i needed a full one a couple of hundred pound so i took it to charlie browns at hillsborough opposite wednesday ground it only needed back part approx £101 vg job., also i use grahams at edmund road they don't rip you off

Town Edge Garage.

Ask for Joe Harrison.

Valley Road garage at Meersbrook. Used that place for 15 years and he does not rip you off.

Century Motors in Hillsborough.

Did my MOT and it passed without all the often unnecessary work you associate with one.

NM

Aye, been to the guys (through the Century Motor's forecourt) for Bodywork repairs/upgrades this past month. Found out about them via the Ford Focus Owners club and they come highly recommended.

Mark (owner) is a top bloke - does MOT's and more, definitely worth speaking to and it's where I'll be going first sign of any problems with my motor.

Robert Brown on Station Road at Ecclesfield. He is very reasonable, easy to discuss things with and does a really good job of work. I have been going to him for quite some time.

Hughes and Briddock on Burton Street.

and they do MOT's