Ford starcraft 6 wheeler camper, anyone seen one?

HI

never posted here.

i have a Ford (cortina) starcraft, the 6 wheeled camper

it seems mine was one of 3 made by the firm, as a demo, as it still has its orig reg, not a Q plate

i got it last summer, but the gearbox exploded bring it home, had it now done but hope to get it back on the road in the spring..fitted with a 2.5 diesel ford/pug lump

just wondered if anyone had seen one, and any comments....

ta!

(i also have a T3 VW camper too, Fanta ze Kampa)

I think I've seen photos/pics of one.

Is it the cortina mk4 or 5 front. Same as the P100 pick up before they used the sierra front?

If it is P100 based it should be pretty tough to wear it out!

What reg / year is it?

Any chance of posting some photos?

I think I've seen photos/pics of one.

Is it the cortina mk4 or 5 front. Same as the P100 pick up before they used the sierra front?

If it is P100 based it should be pretty tough to wear it out!

What reg / year is it?

Any chance of posting some photos?

Its a V place, Mk5 i belive. I have seen a P100 camper, but 4 wheels, same sort of shape though.

the kitchen is at the rear, and lower, so even me at 6'1 can stand, a toilet and wardrobe, then into the seats/table/bed area. there is a little storage, and over the roof you can climb to a place were kids can sleep.

Seen a few on ebay now and again, but all Q plate, and someone in a kit car forum said this was one of the orig demos.

The previous owner was a huge C&W fan, so covered in stars n stripes, eages and air horns.

Hoping to take it all over Europe this year, as was planned for last year..

only touble is no power steering, and its not the most comfy thing to drive, esp as 1000 miles is what i have done in 1 day before.

Not fast but been told the 2.5 diesel lump is like a tractor so can pull a lot of weight and go and go...

got no gotos, as camera broke.

The orig doors are there, but with a fibre glass cover, the bonnet, front etc etc is all fibreglass.

well just charged both batts, stuck them on and nothing, not sure if the starter is jammed or batts not upto it, with it been stood for a few months...

its the ford/pegeut?? diesel lump...

bah

Hi,

Not sure about a six-wheeler, but there's quite a lot of discussion about them on buysellcortina.co.uk and a recent pic in the Cortina Discussion area...

TTFN

Hi,

Not sure about a six-wheeler, but there's quite a lot of discussion about them on buysellcortina.co.uk and a recent pic in the Cortina Discussion area...

TTFN

ta, took a look!

i have a ford sierra p100 pickup starcraft campervan factory built (not the kit car 1s u can get) its g reg and in good condition had it 4yrs now and luv it ud b supri how much space is in them mine has a shower/toilet room my son thinks it luks like a space ship gone wrong

i have lots of photos of mine and as soon as my son gets bk off is hols i will get em 2 post them 4 u 2 c

Some years back i used to go to a MOT garage called cameron motors on sussex street,a guy called gordon had 1 in there for years. Don' know if it was 6 wheels tho.

their was one for sale near boston demountable type p100....for £300 ono..in good condition txtested but it may have gone now

Anyone who would like to own a starcraft six wheeler email me garywatson@live.co.uk

It will make an excellent project for someone no tax or test but the engine does start and drive. These are very rare so be quick and grab your self a bargain. The camper van is in county durham and has not been advertised anywhere for sale yet. Looking for offers. any questions just contact me via my email garywatson@live.co.uk

There used to be one until recently at Lowedges, on Gervase Road i think, a white one though i cant remember whether it was 6 wheeler. It disappeared about 18 months ago though.