Are the BBC hypocritical? Clarkson and Ross stay, Thatcher goes

How can they keep Jeremy Clarkson on at the BBC,for his remarks about Gordon Brown(to me seemed like personal abuse), and accept his apology, whilst Carol Thatcher mention's Gollywog (out of earshot) get's taken off front line t.v, and before that the Brand and Ross saga where 1 leaves, and the other suspended for 3 month's. Goin back to Carol Thatcher all the news bullitins and some radio presenters were gleefully mentioning the word Gollywog, and they are still in a job??? By the way can't stand any of the above mentioned, and can't even believe i'm writing about Clarkson, and Thatcher but there you go Rant over:rant:

Just spotted typo in thread title, it's hypocritical not hypacritical :rolleyes::D

For what it's worth though, I agree. Clarkson's an annoying pleb who thinks he can say what he wants to who he wants and get away with it, he was personally abusive towards Gordon Brown, and therefore his head should roll (and I'm no Gordon Brown fan either), but Carol Thatcher said a potentially racist word, which the PC Brigade have got their knickers in a twist over, and apparently that's worse! :loopy:

Because the BBC does not own him. He just works for them once a week.

Sadly he just does this kind of thing deliberately to wind people up or cause controversy. He goes on about not caring about the planet but in fact he does when he's at home and off-camera.

He doesn't even write his own weekly column in The Sun.

they should make clarkson prime minister

Have the BBC sacked Carol Thatcher?

I thought she was just dropped from the one programme where she the staff.

Referring to Gordon Brown as Scottish in the context of having also drawn attention to Brown's sight-disability and his alleged idiocy could be seen as another example of Clarkson's 'xenophobia for attempted comic effect' and may upset some Scottish people just as some of the Welsh got upset by Ann Robinson. I'm not sure that any 'idiots' are likely to voice their objections because I've yet to encounter a self-professed one. It seems to be just a case of the pot calling the kettle black in Clarkson's case.

Racism is a far bigger problem in society than people wilfully discrimating against the blind - not that Gordon Brown is blind - hence the fuss about Carol Thatcher.

Gollywog isn't a 'potentially racist word'. It refers to a racist caricature which many (mostly white) people erroneously believe to be benign.

Edited by shims
typo

I suspect Jonathan Ross and Jeremy Clarkson had better agents or solicitors to write up their contracts than Carol Thatcher.

I bet there contracts said they must be paid in full where as Carol Thatchers probably didn't mention that.

So the BBC thought if they have to pay them they might as well still get work out of them.

Just spotted typo in thread title, it's hypocritical not hypacritical :rolleyes::D

And you've never made a typo before i guess? :loopy:

With regards to the thread. I thought CT was sacked because she has refused to apologise in any way for saying the word Gollywog. Ross and Clarkson have.

Well stupid Carol refused to apologise! where as Jeremy did apologise and without being forced to do so plus he has got to be one of the funniest men on TV i personally love him and think his books and paper column are great! Who is Carol Thatcher really i mean apart from being known because of her mother who is also despised and a stint on i'm a celebrity i cant say i am familiar with her at all! Now Joanthan Ross and Russel Brand i'd be more than happy to never see or hear of them again they are the most rude disgusting blokes on tele and make my skin crawl and what they did was completley out of order and planned at that sick!

And you've never made a typo before i guess? :loopy:

With regards to the thread. I thought CT was sacked because she has refused to apologise in any way for saying the word Gollywog. Ross and Clarkson have.

:thumbsup:

Jonathan Ross and Jeremy Clarkson may have apologised but they weren't exactly sincere.

Indeed, they apologised OK, but they didn't mean it so they may as well not have bothered.