Sheffielders in Cornwall

A new member Cornishmaid joined a short while ago, but I don't know if she is still here because she didn't feel welcome, which is a real shame.

thats a shame perhaps we should organise ameeting of all of us down here and start a club or something

Thanks for the match update. I have been down here many years. your right it is beautifull. you must let me know when you next come down I havnt had Hendersons for years

Hi Barber,

I got 4 bottles of Hendersons in my cupboard :) how much would you give me for a bottle??? and I live in Kernow.

Yes I live in St. Columb Major near Newquay Cornwall. My name is Deran Hancock.

My wife and I with our 2 boys left Sheffield 28 years ago.

I now run my own electrical contracting company with my son Steve

I am also Mayor of St.Columb's Town Council

I went to Pipworth Road School from1953 to 1963.

I lived on the Circle the Manor untill i got married then lived on the Wybourn left to go to Cornwall 1981

Hi Deran

The old silver ball town, you had a power cut today did you not???

thanks for the offer but i found a stockist in helston. chips never tasted so good

Hi Yorkie Derran.

I live in Godolphin Nr Helston been here over 30yrs. Have a barber shop in Porthleven.went to norfolk school with lots of lads from the manor. Glad you and family doing well.

which morrisons no sign of it in penzance

Morrisons Penzance just on the Marazion turnoff coming in from Lelant used to be a Safeways

Love Godolphin House, somtimes cornwall rminds me of Yorkshire, lovely coastline and moors---but warmer!

My Brother lived in Helston and Porthleven. He was in thr Fleet Air Arm. I once won a game of Shangai in the Godolphin and nearly got lynched !

His Mother in law has a big house at the top of Porthleven Harbour where she has a very large doll collection and my niece still lives in Helston

He is now buried in Portheleven Cemetery

I think it was a Pub called the "Blue Anchor" where I tasted the famous "Spingo" beer in Helston. Apparently it was the first pub to allowed to breww its own beer.

the blue anchor i think still brews its own beer. It is one of the better and busier pubs in the town

I adore Cornwall ! We are off there again this year and we will defo be going to Helston to find Hendersons shop tho Mum keeps me suppled ! Will fly the flag for the Owls while Im down there !