Sheffielders in Cornwall

http://www.chrisold.co.uk/

Former Yorkshire cricketer, Chris Old and his wife who taught in Sheffield and was a good hockey player at Abbeydale have a fish and chip shop/accommodation place at Praa Sands.

I play golf at Praa sands and live 2 miles from there. dont know the chippy is it at rosudgeon the next village up? I will be sure to pay them a visit

I used to live on the Lizard in Cornwall, now in Sheffield. My parents and brother are still down there, so pop down at Xmas etc with supplies of Hendersons! :)

the hendersons will be welcome also some cunninghams pickles I woul gladly pre pay

Got a brother who retired to Looe about 10 years ago. Moved to the back of beyond to a place called Harrowbarrow last year.

Mr elder bro' is at Gorran Churchtown, near Mevagissey. I suppose you could say he's a Wednesdayite, him and his lad went to the semi aginst United with me in '93, but at the time he said his previous Wednesday game to that was an F.A. cup replay against Everton in '67 when apparently my Dad made him take me cos he was working!

Mind you, these days I'm more of a Rotherham Titans fan, and last year I went down to Cornwall and took him and his wife to their first ever rugby game to see the Titans play against the Cornish Pirates. And what an experience that was! Fantastic atmosphere with the Pirates fans singing and chanting all the way through, even though it was an end of season match with nothing at stake. And the home fans took the mick out of me mercillesly all the way through, to then shake my hand and wish me a safe journey home at the end. Total respect for them, great people the Cornish are! My brother loves it down there.

I live very near Helston, have done for quite some time. The place is dying on its feet. Thank God for Culdrose and the people who work there. Without them Helston would only see the odd tourists passing through

Culdrose is the reason I settled in Cornwall. I was a radio mech in the RN. My Ma and Pa followed us down when my Dad ws unable to stay in Sheffield because of air pollution. My older brother brought a couple of his pals down for an interview at Tecalemit in Plymouth and they offered him a job as well with a council house available in Devonport.I suppose Flora Day is still going strong, Helston's once a year day. I had a cottage in Lizard for a long time, loved it there.

Yes I live in St. Columb Major near Newquay Cornwall. My name is Deran Hancock.

My wife and I with our 2 boys left Sheffield 28 years ago.

I now run my own electrical contracting company with my son Steve

I am also Mayor of St.Columb's Town Council

I went to Pipworth Road School from1953 to 1963.

I lived on the Circle the Manor untill i got married then lived on the Wybourn left to go to Cornwall 1981

Edited by Deran
looked wrong

I went to norfolk school had lots of pals on the manor. I moved here 30 years ago. Never moved since. Still known as that northern bloke ha! I love the place and people

st columb major is a big change to the manor and wybourn

yes helston still has its flora day,may the 8th, try to stay away though as donnt like the crowds.

left sheffield 30yrs ago to look after my mother when she moved to a village on the lizard met and married a local girl have been back to sheffield a couple of times to see a freind who lives at bents green always glad to get back to the piece of st. k.

I am looking forward to flora day.I have a barber shop near Helston the visitors are always welcome especially if they need a haircut