Sheffielders in Cornwall

Good to know you can get Henderson's relish in Cornwall. I was down t' last 3 drops. PS: Barber we're all Blades fans down here Duck x

good to hear from you, there are a few true blues here. Strange name you have for a red.

It's because I'm a Blues musician LOL. but still it can be confusing.

Peace and Love D

My wife has gone the other way. She's a Cornwallian in Sheffield.

John Piper, a veteran journalist who worked for The Star in Rotherham for many, many years, lives in retirement in Cornwall --near Helston; and a former Star editor, David Flynn, lives near Bodmin. Long ago, my favourite author, Howard Spring, whose novels featured Cornwall (even though he was a Welshman and a former Manchester journalist), lived in Falmouth at a place called The White House.

Hi again since we last talked i found hendersons in a shop in helston.

How much is it? I paid £1.31 last week at Tesco

methinks you have been ripped off big time.Morrissons ,95p

which morrisons no sign of it in penzance

A little off topic but still about Cornwall. I'm reminded of a holiday we spent at a Holiday Camp in Cornwall back in 1957. It was at Perranport: Perran Sands. Decide to google it and to my surprise found out it's still operating. Anyone been there recently or like me, way back in the 50s? Bit of a shoestring operation bk then.

We went on a last-minute last year. . . never again. . .although if you are into all the non-stop fun thing then you would love it. There is even a burger king on site.

Have to say it was full of chav's and the people in the accommodation next to us had their passenger window on their car smashed as did about half a dozen other holiday makers.

Perranporth is still really nice though IMO. :)

x

I lived in Helston and the Lizard for many years. My mother and father moved to Falmouth in the early 60s, my brother to plymouth then to Liskeard in the sixties, and my nephew still lives in Camelford. My son was born in Redruth. So the entire Sheffield family lived in Cornwall. At my brothers funeral in 1989, there were a lot of ex Sheffielders there, all living around Liskeard and working in plymouth.

I lived in Helston and the Lizard for many years. My mother and father moved to Falmouth in the early 60s, my brother to plymouth then to Liskeard in the sixties, and my nephew still lives in Camelford. My son was born in Redruth. So the entire Sheffield family lived in Cornwall. At my brothers funeral in 1989, there were a lot of ex Sheffielders there, all living around Liskeard and working in plymouth.

I live very near Helston, have done for quite some time. The place is dying on its feet. Thank God for Culdrose and the people who work there. Without them Helston would only see the odd tourists passing through