Im looking for someone who can give me one to one photography lessons. I dont want to take a course. I want someone who can help me figure out my new digital camera and give me some general pointers in getting a better photo and using photo shop. I have tried a couple of photography clubs but havent really found what I am looking for. Would be grateful for any advice.

I only started taking pictures a few weeks ago and already getting decent results. Most of what i am learning comes from Youtube. You'll be surprised how many tutorials there are.

Already i can create loads of effects in photoshop (elements 7), and i have two pictures on Flickr's 'Explore' pages.

Spend a few hours on Youtube :)

You might get more luck on the photography forum - look under "Sheffield Interest Groups" on the main forum page.

The first thing really is to understand composition, depth of field and exposure. I would recommend getting a book - Tom Ang's Digital Photographer's Handbook is pretty good. Also, have a look through the magazine racks. There's loads around at the moment which cover the basics and have tutorials etc for photoshop.

You might also want to have a look at websites like Luminous Landscape and ephotozine, which have loads of tutorials.

Hope that helps and good luck finding a tutor.

Im moving to Sheffield in the next couple of weeks & might have some spare time while im looking for a new job. my work can be seen here;

edit - I cant put the weblink as ive not yet done 5 post, if you google nickscape my site should be at the top.

Let me know if your interested.

Nick

The best place is props the internet really there are so many tutorials on there its unbelivable

Why don’t you try some of the forums that are on the web, there are a number of them, where people are happy to help each other along to produce better shots. I can definitely recommend website called ‘Pixalo’ for very friendly and experienced photographers, and if you like entering friendly competitions ‘Photopix’ is a good forum website to.