House Prices Up 2% in Jan, End Of Recession?

So is the end of recession near, House prices were up 2% in Jan, more mortages are being given.

Hopefully we are through the worst now??

________

free wordpress themes

Edited by Bonjon

Um, this recession is about *way* more than house prices.

ditto 'The Idler', why do people say such things, don't they have idea of what they are talking about , Obviously not !

ditto 'The Idler', why do people say such things, don't they have idea of what they are talking about , Obviously not !

Very enlightning, the recession was more or less created by the media hype, with the economy recovering I feel there is light at the end of the tunnel sooner that all you doom and gloomers think.

So all those people who waited for prices to drop even further will soon be loosing out as they are on the rise :thumbsup:

________

Ford Cyclone engine history

Edited by Bonjon

That last recession started about '89 and things didn't pick up properly until about '95,'96. I doubt the current one will be over in two minutes.

So is the end of recession near, House prices were up 2% in Jan, more mortages are being given.

I don't even think we are at the end of house price drops, let alone end of recession. There are often blips in any long term trend...and I'm pretty certain that at least 10 of the next 12 months house price changes will show a drop. If we get 4 or 5 months in a row showing a rise, then we can start thinking about a leveling off in house prices. Prices always overshoot, and a small correction upwards would not be the start of a significant trend upwards.

The recession won't be over though....thats going to take longer. GB will be gone by the time we are out of this mess.

The 2% rise is a good sign but should be taken with a pinch of salt at the moment, lots of people hold off buying property until after Christmas and this could be the reason for the price rise give it 4-5 months of small growth and then we can look towards coming out of this mess. Don't listen to the doom and gloomers though people love a bit of negativity and if you listen to them the world will be coming to an end shortly! The average recession lasts about 9 months but you don't want to confuse the credit crunch with the recession they are separate entities if house prices start rising that would mean lenders will be willing to lend greater loan to values on properties and meaning they will be more competitive with their rates especially for first time buyers this will then ease the credit crunch which in turn should help us recover from the recession. It suits some peoples agenda's to be all negative but the ones holding back on buying will be the ones cursing their luck when they have missed the price crash boat.

Very enlightning, the recession was more or less created by the media hype, with the economy recovering I feel there is light at the end of the tunnel sooner that all you doom and gloomers think.

So all those people who waited for prices to drop even further will soon be loosing out as they are on the rise :thumbsup:

GAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! You're funny :hihi:

...and in other news the number of companies going bust is up 220%, and job losss continue to rise unabaited.

This was brought about by too much credit, for too many way too cheap with no plan B, and to paraphrase the carpenters - its only just begun.

"Media hype" *chuckles*

The economy isn't recovering, we're pretty much at the start of the recession. The housing market was part of the early symptoms and part of the trigger, but if it recovered (which it hasn't) that wouldn't end the recession.

I prefer to look on the bright side of things and not think everything is doom and gloom if everyone else did this there would not have been a recession in the first place, most companies are using it as an excuse to get rid of their dead weight.

If the media started reporting the recession was over people would believe it and things would turn around fast. The media control most things and this is one of them!

________

Lamborghini 350GT

Edited by Bonjon

This guy Cynicus Economicus is a bit gloomy even for my taste, but read his posts from a few months back and see how the massive problems that the global (and more acutely British) economy run very deep indeed.

GAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! You're funny :hihi:

...and in other news the number of companies going bust is up 220%, and job losss continue to rise unabaited.

This was brought about by too much credit, for too many way too cheap with no plan B, and to paraphrase the carpenters - its only just begun.

"Media hype" *chuckles*

Too much credit maybe, but not too cheap.