What's Stocksbridge like?

Hi,i was wondering what the stocksbridge/deepcar area is like to live there,thinking of moving to Foxglen Road

Hi Dan It's been 34 yrs since I emigrated, but before I did I lived there 7yrs. Back then I guess it was quieter, but I loved it (Stocksbridge) I found the folks there friendly. We still have friends in Stocksbridge and Deepar, who I am still in touch with. From what I can gather from my friends it's not got the same crime rate as Sheffield, but as the population grows it's getting there. If you like clubbing down town it's a pain getting there still, I gather Manchester Rd is still a nightmare to drive on. I don't suppose they have an hospital still, and if you've got small children, then you should consider this. I hope someone posts who still lives there to give you a better and updated version of the two cities. Good luck in your decision:thumbsup:

I lived there 34 years. I lived around the corner from foxglen for 18 years and it was a lovely place to live. If you are from town and go to town it may take a little getting use to. Theres a lot of the older villagers who are proud of the valley.

Good luck if you decide to live there.

34 is becoming a reoccuring theme is this thread

eh

my mom lives up there and she loves it , although its lacking a few decent shops

my mom lives up there and she loves it , although its lacking a few decent shops

I'm reliably informed there are 34 left. ;)

It's a lovley area. I've lived here all my life and I'm 35 (sorry to spoil the 34 theme).

It is a quite area and it does lack a few things, but the country side walks which are literally on your doorstep make up for a lot.

One minor point, which some ot the older locals will get stressed at you about, foxglen road is in Deepcar not Stocksbridge. Stupid detail but one which will prevent an arguement.

All in all a great place.

It's a lovley area. I've lived here all my life and I'm 35 (sorry to spoil the 34 theme).

It is a quite area and it does lack a few things, but the country side walks which are literally on your doorstep make up for a lot.

One minor point, which some ot the older locals will get stressed at you about, foxglen road is in Deepcar not Stocksbridge. Stupid detail but one which will prevent an arguement.

All in all a great place.

Great you've ruined it now party pooper

You coulda said 34 just to keep the theme going :(

:hihi::hihi: ok ,stocksbridge has 34 roads -happy (its a lie ,but carrying on the theme)

Stocksbridge/Deepcar i think are great places to live, my partner wants to move further afield but i want to stay as it wouldn't feel right if i moved away. And it only takes 34 mintues to walk round the village (thats a lie but didn't want to be a party pooper) lol

it had 34 foot of snow this week and no one could get to work.