Darnall did you live here

My mum lived in Coleford road across from.. the church she was bombed out in 1940.T.he ARP wardens shelter was hit and six of the seven wardens were killed

I was born and brought up on the Littledale estate and my mum lived there for 63 years before moving to an old folks home where she passed away in 2018.

We always watched the parade with Eric morley leading  the way, we also used to see him sometimes in the darnall liberal club where my dad and I became life members(after 25 years membership) . It is sad to see how rundown darnall appears but I have happy memories of the park  and going to the saturday matinee at the Lyric cinema

On 08/01/2020 at 18:27, briret said:

My mum lived in Coleford road across from.. the church she was bombed out in 1940.T.he ARP wardens shelter was hit and six of the seven wardens were killed

I was born and brought up on the Littledale estate and my mum lived there for 63 years before moving to an old folks home where she passed away in 2018.

We always watched the parade with Eric morley leading  the way, we also used to see him sometimes in the darnall liberal club where my dad and I became life members(after 25 years membership) . It is sad to see how rundown darnall appears but I have happy memories of the park  and going to the saturday matinee at the Lyric cinema

What road did you live on when you was on littledale estate 

On 19/11/2019 at 18:21, Dun graftin said:

Edited by terminator

Greenwood Avenue near acres hill infants school now demolished

Bit further away was on Greenwood Close used to go to Acres Hill Infants 

I lived in Darnall for a while and took many photographs - one day I went into the Rose and Crown and someone said to me - "take his picture, he's just read his obituary in the Star"  I did but it was 1976 and my notes have gone astray - If my memory is correct he was called 'Albert' - if anyone knows who he was and anything about him I would be greatly obliged .

https://tinyurl.com/sogag6a

Thanks - Peter

Edited by osscat

17 minutes ago, osscat said:

I lived in Darnall for a while and took many photographs - one day I went into the Rose and Crown and someone said to me - "take his picture, he's just read his obituary in the Star"  I did but it was 1976 and my notes have gone astray - If my memory is correct he was called 'Albert' - if anyone knows who he was and anything about him I would be greatly obliged .

Thanks - Peter

Can't help you, but great photo.

Re Littledale Estate - 1960/63 when I worked at J.Stead Tools Manor Lane there was a guy who worked in the grinding dept by the name of John Surr, he lived on Littledale, and if still alive will be over 90 now maybe 95 even

Around 1981/2 I often went for lunch at the pub on Littledale, but cannot remember the name

Victor - Selangor,  Malaysia 

16 hours ago, osscat said:

Thanks - Peter

I've seen your pictures before, have you ever exhibited or published them?

Aha Briret now I remember - at that time food was good at lunchtimes

Thanks for reminding me of the name

Regards - Victor - Selangor - Malaysia

9 hours ago, Person6 said:

I've seen your pictures before, have you ever exhibited or published them?

I have plans :)   watch this space  - meanwhile my gallery is on my flickr pages at: https://tinyurl.com/ratuxht

7 hours ago, osscat said:

I have plans :)   watch this space  - meanwhile my gallery is on my flickr pages at: https://tinyurl.com/ratuxht

Yes, I remember them.

I hope the plans go well, keep us informed.

The Facebook group Park Hill Flats (Sheffield) is run by Mick Jones who took photographs there 1969/70 and he may well be worth getting in touch with to compare notes.

He has a book and an exhibition coming up at the end of the summer.