Darnall did you live here

did you know Jacky Cooper, the STocks, Darbys,stubbs ?

Was that Jacky Cooper who sold the Green 'un outside Attercliffe baths?

i went to school with Carl Smith from Darnall main rd from the infants right through to Beaver Hill

His brother was Darren and they had a sister Sally

sorry no i dont remember that name.

Other memories were waiting at a annexe to be taken by bus to acres hill school it seemed like a million miles.

Other names i remember are Julie Drinkwater Katherine Moore Yvonne Speight Micheal Peet and a little lad I think they called William Swift ??

Richard (Good Footie Player wanted to play for Chelsea) and Wendy Pratt

little bert swift what a lad

I lived on Darnall Main Road in the fifties and met my husband on the back bay of a tram in '57. Remember sledging earlier in High Hazels, buying lollies at the shop in the park and looking for lost tennis balls in the long grass in the park as we hadn't any money to buy one. Loved the smell of Yeomans tobacco shop. We used to buy Horlicks tablets from the chemists on the terminus - bad vice! Loved the Whitsuntide Parade in the park with all the May Queens - was one of the attendants to the Congs. Queen in, I think, 1953. We had white dresses and so couldn't sit down on the grass. My best friends were the girls of the Hoole family, Brenda, Barbara and Pauline. I wa Carol Stevenson. Does anybody know where they are now. Don't know their married names. Brenda used to live on the triangle and her husband had a big "trike". Where has all the time gone?

i'm called terry roe and I have contacted the hoole girls for you and barry hoole my old school mate told me you are jills sister. The reason I know jill is I used to work in the office on ross street and I would go in your dads shop everyday, I was older than jill but I used to think what a lovely looking girl she was. Anyway if you want to contact them I talk to barry on the phone at regular intervals

No, I can remember Jacky Cooper the paper man very well, but the one I refered to is his cousin and its a she! I lived on coleridge (top of clipstone rd) but I can remember most people on jubllee. The Jacky you are talking about came from somewhere near the bottom of what we called the cutting or breakneck hill when we were sledging

gerry roberts sold star and greenun at attercliffe baths

i used to live on cravens road and my mother used to have a hairdressers at the bottom of cravens road in the early seventies, i have two brothers and we all went to whitby road school and then hurlfield, the good old days eh.....my name is lee gilbert

Hi

I remember the Gilberts

Didn"t you have a brother Wayne. You moved to Gleadless.

Didn't wayne go out with Gail Bartrop for a while.

Yes that is us , I wi have to ask wayne about that , yes we moved to gleadless , can you remember anything else ? Was you at Whitby Road ?

I lived at 88 Coleford Road in the early sixties in my nans house before my mum and dad got their own place on the Manor. There was Devoties ice cream yard at the bottom of our road opposite the corner shop. At the top were some private garages just before the old rectory house..My aunty Ethel Holmes had the sweets shop just below the fire station on Darnall main Road..

Heres a wierd thing..After I first met my wife I went with her to meet her mum one day and she asked my where I lived when I was young as she knew the Fletcher name..It turns out they lived in the house right next door to us at no 90 although I had moved by then but she used to see me when I'd come and visit my nan..

Were you related to the Roe family by any chance ?

I was at Whitby Rd. I remember your mum having the hairdressers.

I think Micheal Walker and Julie Ward lived on Craven Rd.Philip Hamilton lived around the corner.

"tweet" Ian Eastwood also lived on Craven Rd.

You moved right next door to my auntie Brenda at Gleadless.

I think Wayne was older than us and you are younger.

Aren't there twins in your family.

My name is Kay .

Wigfield was my maiden name.

Does anyone remember a Margaret Thorpe who lived on Staniforth Road opposite the Cravens Works in the fifties and sixties? I would love to contact her.