Darnall did you live here

My Mum was born in Darnall, she lived in Dunkirk Square which was demolished and stood where Morrisons was.

I remember the pantomimes. Written and produced by Jack Douglas. I was involved with them from time to time. Who is your brother?

will send you a pm :)

elwood i remember the name jordon i believe there were two brothers there & i believe frank was captain -who are you

Iwas born in darnall for 23 yrs Probably know all of you. Went to Phillimore rd and Coleridge Rd

from 1951 to 1976 ( moved to Handsworth )

Was Browsing through a book in WHSmiths when i saw my partner as a five year old in a old class picture. Can confirm this as i have the individual school pic taken of him, left by his mumin her photo album. Would be nice if we could put any names to faces as he cant remember anybody. He's Darren Brown in the top left corner . His parents were Audrey and Albert Brown and they lived on febra street, I think thats right ?? oldest son is Michael.

Have put pics on facebook, click on link belowto see pictures.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...&id=1470767070

i haved lived in darnall all my life and i am enjoying readind what everyone has put .i lived on wilstrop road and then cattel street now live on poole rd .

my husband was in the 258th darnall baptist scout group anyone remember pete foster he lived on darnall road

I used to live on coleridge rd. at the bottom of fitzmaurice rd. I lived there till 1968, I may know you .

This may not be relevant but if anyone out there knows if this is true. Apparently when King James was beheaded by axe, the execitioner came from Darnall.................Just wondered if this was true.

This may not be relevant but if anyone out there knows if this is true. Apparently when King James was beheaded by axe, the execitioner came from Darnall.................Just wondered if this was true.

Part of it certainly isn't true,it was King Charles that was beheaded.

• Like 1

Part of it certainly isn't true,it was King Charles that was beheaded.

You are quite right PCinfield...............don't know what I was thinking....think it was a senior moment......It was Charles 2nd from memory.

i lived on plowman st across from phillimore road school until the house was demolished around 68 as kids we used to have lookouts at each end of the street looking out for the local bobby as we were playing rounders and it was always the same window that got broke. my aunt and uncle Ernest and Lilly Robinson lived across the road from us with my cousins keith gary david hazel and christine and a couple of doors down lived my cousins the summerfields.we all spent many hours in high hazels park not glued to computer games like the kids of today