Darnall did you live here

On 01/03/2017 at 19:15, maggie007 said:

my uncle was archie fenn who lived on Kirkby road are we related

It definitely looks like it

On 09/04/2009 at 21:36, Hambone said:

I worked at Walt Bradley's Fireplace shop in 1959 I worked with his son Gordon fitting fireplaces etc. I was born in Helen Road Darnall and lived there for 20 years, went to Darnall Board Junior school and on to Whitby Rd school when Mr Saxon was headteacher. I remember one dinnertime some kids sneaked back into the science classroom and one of the boys was messing around with some chemicals and the explosion nearly blew the bottom wing off the school, the lads came staggering out of the classroom covered in purple and yellow blotches.

Some dinnertimes we used to go to one of the mates house to smoke a tuppenny fag from Cyrils and listen to the latest R&R records and this guy who was related to my mate would do the weekly wash for the family used to tell us we were a decadent lot, his name was Ernest Morley.

My brothers and I were all in the Coleford Rd Scout troop great times "indeed"

My name is Keith Dennison. I am one of the boys responsible for the explosion in the science lab. 

I lived in Darnall 1943-1970. My name is Keith Dennison. I lived on staniforth road and went to Whitby Road school 1956-1959. 

Does anyone know what happened to Norma Pegg, Alan Barrett, Pat Woodhouse, Rodger Barrett, Carol Rodgers/Smith. 

3 hours ago, Dendos dennison said:

My name is Keith Dennison. I am one of the boys responsible for the explosion in the science lab. 

I lived in Darnall 1943-1970. My name is Keith Dennison. I lived on staniforth road and went to Whitby Road school 1956-1959. 

Does anyone know what happened to Norma Pegg, Alan Barrett, Pat Woodhouse, Rodger Barrett, Carol Rodgers/Smith. 

Please reply if you can ps does anyone remember a teacher Mr Kirk  good teacher brought his lady friend   on a school trip the wrong thing to do 

Does anybody remember Kenneth Burkhill from darnall(aka django kid ) lived on James street

Edited by zombie kid
Spelling

On 31/07/2011 at 23:48, rainbow2411 said:

My OH was the youngest of the Riley boys, do you remember them?

Could I ask if you are referencing the Rileys of Nightingale Street? Albert was my granddad. 

My Mum spent her early years in Coleford Road, she was born April 1959, lived with her Mum, not sure when they moved but i know they went to Handsworth after that.

I was born in Brittania Road darnall in 1947. I went to school at Whitby Road 1952 to 1959.

My grandparents Ethel and Richard Thorpe lived on Boden road off Mandeville street. My other grandmother May Proctor lived on Elmham Road near High Hazel's Park. Darnall was a decent place to live.

I was born craven road Darnall went to Whitby rd in the 60s then onto hurlfield  no room in waltheof family still live in darnall

On 05/02/2009 at 20:28, craig12 said:

did anyone come from darnall? i lived there all my life and remember the club trips from the horti and libs club,the darnall medical aid where ernest morley dressed up, oris the man with no voice, the pie and pea shop with tommo and his brother, lomases chip shop, carousel cafe, bates wine shop, the blue shop, musgroves beer off, yeomans pipe shop, matthews furniture shop, piggy lane allotments, seargents sandwich shop, lakins fishing tackle shop, mosleys tv shop, i was in the darnall drifters skateboard club which was run by a guy called jan,,

my best memory was cyril and gerts cafe on main rd, john raynard s hair salon, stewarts chippie, and ron ingle had the newsagents, my god it was good in 79

Loved Darnall in the 70 s could hang around Darnall terminus till it got dark not now

I lived on uttley street till I was five don’t remember a lot but can recall playing on the bomb sites think there was a corner shop called richardsons and been told that the boxer Billy Calvert lived on there 

I lived on craven road then moved to Greenland estate in the 70s