Darnall did you live here

I didn't live in Darnall, I went out with a boy who lived there, his name is Dennis Taylor, this was 1959-1960, I found the people were very friendly, I loved visiting..

Both my Parents came from Darnall. Pete Shaw lived on Nidd Road and Elaine Fenn lived on Kirby Road. Great memories spending school holidays at my Grandmothers house on Kirby road.

my uncle was archie fenn who lived on Kirkby road are we related

Edited by maggie007
spelling

I lived "up the road" from Darnall, off Prince of Wales Road on Littledale but of course Darnall and town were our two main shopping areas. Remember having a bottle of pop and bag of crisps (with bag of salt) and the Libs. And remember the trips to Mablethorpe etc. The Wellington pub was called The Rubber Boot. Remember very well the Medical Aid Whitsuntide parade that finished in High Hazels Park. We went to High Hazels a lot, particularly to roller skate on the flat asphalted rink and then went to the "tea shop". You could get a tuppenny drink, a penny drink or a ha'penny drink.

Happy days!

I also lived on the Littledale, from 1967 - 78. My parents lived there until 1997. I spent many happy hours playing football, tennis, bowls on Mather Rd, later enjoying under-age pints in The Half Moon and The Three Feathers.

I lived in Attercliffe but spent time in Darnall as I had a girlfriend up there, Joyce ?

We hung around the Musgrove herbalist shop as I was a good friend of Ian Musgrove, with Harry, Jennifer, Steve and Graham. Can't remember all the surnames now. Most of us went to Firth Park school.

This brings me to my point. I would like to suggest people who write in on subjects such as these, please print their first and last names ?

I might know Littledaler and steved32 but cannot tell from the post.

I know Alan and Margaret Carr, and Pete Longley that live on Mather Rd, and know the Half Moon and Three Feathers well

Does anyone remember Bob Fenn? He would be mid 60s now. Lived on one of the streets off Main Road darnall. Clever lad went to City Grammar and I think ended up at one of the really good universities maybe Cambridge.

He was a big lad played prop for City Grammar.

bob fenn was my cousin not seen him in 40yrs he was also a county shot putter

my mum's friend was called mrs lisle on main road Darnall. mrs Lisle ran the launderette. i think she had son and daughter the lad was Tony can't remember girls name. i think then they lived on Shiregreen ???

Yes Tony lisle did move to shiregreen as we did in 1968 my name is Gary Platts

my dad was born on york rd and my grandad used to light the gas lamps up and knocked people up with a big pole on there windows to get up for work then i lived on york rd in the 70s till they was knocked down.all my aunts and uncles lived at darnall in kirby rd and weatherby rd .it used to be a lovely place

Both my Parents came from Darnall. Pete Shaw lived on Nidd Road and Elaine Fenn lived on Kirby Road. Great memories spending school holidays at my Grandmothers house on Kirby road.

Would your grandmother be my auntie lily fenn married to my uncle archie

Would your grandmother be my auntie lily fenn married to my uncle archie

hi maggie, no my grandparents lived on york rd but my aunty laura woodhead lived at 35 kirby rd with my cousins jeff and martin. lovely times back then x

Lived in craven road loved darnall remember club trips my dad was on committee at horticulture and Connie club loved Surrey road chippy

I used to live on Coleridge road at the bottom of Fitzmaurice rd at number 568 .It was great then ,but not now .visited the area a few months ago . couldn't find my way around . its a dump now , I now live in Liverpool , have done for 14 years.