Darnall did you live here

I used to go in the carousel Katy

---------- Post added 10-01-2016 at 16:43 ----------

Didn't know Gordon I see Marena on a Thursday morning so I will tell her I spoke to you Royce her brother billy worked for king cole when I knew him so do I call you Royce ?

My name is Roy Christian Terry,used to live on Phillimore Road no. 13 near Rowens chip shop then we moved to Studley when I was 10. I am 66 now. I remember talking to someone called Terry at darnall terminus in the late sixties he knew Billy well, wonder if it was you?

I lived on coleridge rd Roy top of Clipstone I'm a few years older than you but was always on the Terminus

I lived on coleridge rd Roy top of Clipstone I'm a few years older than you but was always on the Terminus

Hi Terry, I wondered if you knew my brother Allan he was 9 years older than me. His pals back in the fifties were Mick Wilson who lived on Uttley street , Keith Croker who worked in the brick kilns on the cutting (Eleanor street ) and Les Leather.

Hi Terry, I wondered if you knew my brother Allan he was 9 years older than me. His pals back in the fifties were Mick Wilson who lived on Uttley street , Keith Croker who worked in the brick kilns on the cutting (Eleanor street ) and Les Leather.

No don't remember the names I'm afraid

My Auntie & Uncle lived at 54 uttley street at darnall Sarah and Syd Coulson They had 2 Children Doris And Syd.

My Auntie & Uncle lived at 54 uttley street at darnall Sarah and Syd Coulson They had 2 Children Doris And Syd.

Oh right sorry I can't recall the name but there were a lot of people that I knew on that street that I only knew by sight

Both my Parents came from Darnall. Pete Shaw lived on Nidd Road and Elaine Fenn lived on Kirby Road. Great memories spending school holidays at my Grandmothers house on Kirby road.

I use to live on York Road down at the bottom where the old Army Camp use to be. I knocked about with Peter Wilson and his brother Philip

I also remember being taken from whitby road school in the seventies, whilst the mine shafts below the school were filled with concrete, although we were taken to Maltby street school opposite Attercliffe swimming baths, not acres hill school. we were taken on three buses in the morning and it was always race to get on the front bus. they also brought us home at lunch time on two buses. any one else recall this.

I lived on Clement Street and went to Phillimore road and Parkhouse. I now live in Kent

---------- Post added 23-02-2016 at 12:57 ----------

i was born and bread in darnall we lived on jubilee rd untill demolition around1976/7 i went to phillimore rd school then to park house they was some of the best days of my life happy timesa

Hi Soul sista

I lived on Clement Street and went to both those schools. I live in Kent now

Hi All.

I’m new to the site and have enjoyed browsing some of these posts so I thought I would add my bit, maybe see if anyone else is still alive.

Kids I remember being around as I grew up on Industry Road, before the house was pulled down in 1973. I left aged 18 so some younglings would not have been on my radar by then.

Late 1950’s early 70’s

Bottom end of Industry Road

Beverly Smith

Paul and younger brother Brandon

Linda and Peter Smith

Julie, and younger brother, Short

Garry? (Shirly's lad)

Ian and Wendy Revit

Robert, Richard and Deborah Lean.

Carol and Margaret Lee

Marie and Rowena Room

Stephanie and Stephen Anthony

Susan Eastwood

Judith, plus elder brother and sister, Burly

Oskeyson brothers (probably miss spelt)

Keith and Phillip Hanson

Steven, and brother, Chatterton

William and John Johnstone

Cavil brothers

Jennifer Briggs

Hargreaves sisters

Eddie, and brother, Grimes

Lavern Slin

Steven and Samantha Staniforth

David

Tony, and big brother, Farouger (probably miss spelt)

Patricia Clarke

Steven and Jimmy Appley

Close By

Coleford Road

Gordon and Kevin Fiander

David Briggs

Helen Road

Dave Cowley

Valerie and brothers Burgar

Malvern Road

Susan Darling

Kevin Stones

I was also an inmate at Whitby Road and Waltheof

Edited by Dun graftin

I lived on Pearce Rd,born in number 37 where i spent my childhood,my nan and grandad at number 35,must have been 1978/79 when Pearce Rd was demolished,i know we was one of the last famillies to move out,i remember spending many happy hours exploring the derrelict house's.My "aunt" run the corner shop at the bottomof the street.I've searched for photo's of the street but cant find any.