Darnall did you live here

Not received a message Roy but on my phone and damned difficult to see Haha the "little one will be 44 this year how time flies

Not received a message Roy but on my phone and damned difficult to see ��Haha the "little one will be 44 this year how time flies��

Wow 44, my son is 32 but I got married again and restarted.Hope life has treated you well all these years.I sometimes pass through darnall and it's like a different world.

"Craig12" in post # 1 mentioned Musgroves Beer Off. I know both Musgrove boys, Ian & Kevin and went to school with Ian. Also had a girlfriend named Joyce from Darnall, who lived opposite the Horticultural Club somewhere. Yes remember many seaside trips to Cleethorpes, Skegness, Mablethorpe etc with the Horti Club where my grandfather was a member. Great days and people, when people had real values, long lasting friendships, and were genuine. A very positive reflection on Sheffield and south Yorkshire in general

"Craig12" in post # 1 mentioned Musgroves Beer Off. I know both Musgrove boys, Ian & Kevin and went to school with Ian. Also had a girlfriend named Joyce from Darnall, who lived opposite the Horticultural Club somewhere. Yes remember many seaside trips to Cleethorpes, Skegness, Mablethorpe etc with the Horti Club where my grandfather was a member. Great days and people, when people had real values, long lasting friendships, and were genuine. A very positive reflection on Sheffield and south Yorkshire in general

My Step Mother's Grand Son, Liam now runs the Horti - havent been in there for about 10 years or more.

Keanaz

I knew Bob Fenn,think he played rugby for the tigers I played for Sheffield club.We once caught the bus together from town,we then had a race up Kirby road,for a big guy I couldn't believe how fast he was , I never stood a chance. I lived on Studley road.

a few off Studley Road by the looks, cant remember our house number but we were right near the main road on the left, we moved to Woodhouse when i was about 10

Royc was your mother's maiden name Rose ?

Saw in one of your posts that Barry Hoole is your mate,Barry is my cousin along with Donald, David,Pauline,Brenda and Barbara, have I missed anyone?. I havn't seen them for many years. Another cousin was Billy Grimshaw who worked for king coal on Basford Street ,did you know him?.

My Cousin David Green lived on Wilstrop Road. The Wydle family lived the next yard to me on Cattel street. Diane Dunham lived on Farendan Road, along with the Goddard sisters Julia + Maxine. Memories of these friends are so clear - yet can't remember the people I met last week!!!!

Was Dave's nickname "Crockett"? Did he spend some time in France? I met up with Dave Green at Steve Jones's 60th at the Embassy recently. If it's the same Dave, he was the goalkeeper in our Waltheof School football team.

did anyone come from darnall? i lived there all my life and remember the club trips from the horti and libs club,the darnall medical aid where ernest morley dressed up, oris the man with no voice, the pie and pea shop with tommo and his brother, lomases chip shop, carousel cafe, bates wine shop, the blue shop, musgroves beer off, yeomans pipe shop, matthews furniture shop, piggy lane allotments, seargents sandwich shop, lakins fishing tackle shop, mosleys tv shop, i was in the darnall drifters skateboard club which was run by a guy called jan,,

my best memory was cyril and gerts cafe on main rd, john raynard s hair salon, stewarts chippie, and ron ingle had the newsagents, my god it was good in 79

Ernest Morley! Get in his company in the pub and it was a laugh a minute. You'd never guess he was a miner, what with his handbag and poodle!. Brilliant.

Hi steved32. David Green alias Crockett is my cousin. We were in the same year at Waltheof. Remember Steven Jones very well........... 60th birthday??? Where's it all gone!!!!

Saw in one of your posts that Barry Hoole is your mate,Barry is my cousin along with Donald, David,Pauline,Brenda and Barbara, have I missed anyone?. I havn't seen them for many years. Another cousin was Billy Grimshaw who worked for king coal on Basford Street ,did you know him?.

Yes still talk to Barry on the phone he lives in Birmingham I knew billy and I still talk to marena his sister

---------- Post added 09-01-2016 at 19:50 ----------

Yes! Hello Wendy

---------- Post added 01-01-2016 at 19:25 ----------

No, sorry I don't know anyone named Rose !

I lived on studley rd for a while what was your second name Royce ?

Yes still talk to Barry on the phone he lives in Birmingham I knew billy and I still talk to marena his sister

---------- Post added 09-01-2016 at 19:50 ----------

I lived on studley rd for a while what was your second name Royce ?

Thanks for that Terry.Must be 50 odd years since I was at Marena's house she was lovely.I'm sure she would remember my mum Edith. What about Gordon?

ive lived here 27 + years now and all my family have too and i doubt ill ever leave tbh

I used to go in the carousel Katy

---------- Post added 10-01-2016 at 16:43 ----------

Thanks for that Terry.Must be 50 odd years since I was at Marena's house she was lovely.I'm sure she would remember my mum Edith. What about Gordon?

Didn't know Gordon I see Marena on a Thursday morning so I will tell her I spoke to you Royce her brother billy worked for king cole when I knew him so do I call you Royce ?