Darnall did you live here

Candle street. The smith family. Azia. Martha. Trying to find as father in law was their friend Justino polidori aka SAM..Italian prisoner of war.

I lived in darnall on darnall road.

whereabouts classy i lived at 143 opposite the sportsman

On Darnall road, not Darnall Main road lived the Lingards, MacDonalds, Eversons, and Wraggs. Does anyone remember where they relocated too?

On Darnall road, not Darnall Main road lived the Lingards, MacDonalds, Eversons, and Wraggs. Does anyone remember where they relocated too?

Hello Frank Lingard here. We got moved to Pitsmoor in the high rise flats. We were number 193

all gone now of course. Went back to Darnall a few years ago and couldn't believe it how it gone down hill in some parts. Seemed to be a lot of new builds as well

I've lived on darnall all my life came off stovin rd went to phillimore and Coleridge rd schools

sorry no i dont remember that name.

Other memories were waiting at a annexe to be taken by bus to acres hill school it seemed like a million miles.

Other names i remember are Julie Drinkwater Katherine Moore Yvonne Speight Micheal Peet and a little lad I think they called William Swift ??

Richard (Good Footie Player wanted to play for Chelsea) and Wendy Pratt

hi, i lived on Turin street, i went to whitby road infant and juniors then on to Waltheof (1yr) i remember julie Drinkwater and William Swift think they were in my class. my name was Pauline Gregory, i also remember Dorothy Eggington Terence knowles, and now im thinking,

---------- Post added 16-06-2015 at 18:54 ----------

i was at Whitby road up to 1968, and also was in ellison (red ) house my maiden name was Gregory and i always played in the rounders team.

---------- Post added 16-06-2015 at 19:06 ----------

Not as old as me I bet mate but I find it interesting the way you have remembered all the places around Darnall my wife went to acre's hill school and Whitby rd before moving into the brand new school which is now called park academy I think

i remember all of those things but i used to hate the bus so i walked over to acres hill via Kettle bridge, that was at the time Whitby road was closed because of the subsidence.

Edited by F1r3fly

I didn't live in Darnall but my wife lived there until 67/68 she lived on Main Rd their name was Lisle.

I lived on Makin Rd off Darnall Main Rd until 1965

I didn't live in Darnall but my wife lived there until 67/68 she lived on Main Rd their name was Lisle.

my mum's friend was called mrs lisle on main road Darnall. mrs Lisle ran the launderette. i think she had son and daughter the lad was Tony can't remember girls name. i think then they lived on Shiregreen ???

Edited by F1r3fly

Anyone know the Baines family from Faranden Road?

Was there a lynne baines and antony

my mum's friend was called mrs lisle on main road Darnall. mrs Lisle ran the launderette. i think she had son and daughter the lad was Tony can't remember girls name. i think then they lived on Shiregreen ???
Yes that's right, my wife Larraine is the daughter you mentioned.. they moved to Shiregreen around 67/68 Was it you who went to live on Holgate??? my wife asks?