Darnall did you live here

Hi 123 Tyson sorry I don't know the names other than Lawton. They had a few children, Edith, Elsie, Margaret ,violet and others I don't remember.

My dad was Darnall born and bred, 155 Coleford Road.

I lived in darnall on darnall road.

I still do!:|

hi poppypoppy is your husband called paul

---------- Post added 14-01-2015 at 21:24 ----------

you hit a few nerves there lol.Bet you know Furnleys/Robbinsons/Challagons/Olives/bucker

hi I have just joined and been reading old threads. I lived on cattal street and remember both Robinsons and furnleys they lived next door to each other on shirland lane next to wartons sweet and paper shop.

---------- Post added 14-01-2015 at 21:30 ----------

i haved lived in darnall all my life and i am enjoying readind what everyone has put .i lived on wilstrop road and then cattel street now live on poole rd .

when did you live on cattal stree when did you leave and what number please

---------- Post added 14-01-2015 at 21:57 ----------

My Cousin David Green lived on Wilstrop Road. The Wydle family lived the next yard to me on Cattel street. Diane Dunham lived on Farendan Road, along with the Goddard sisters Julia + Maxine. Memories of these friends are so clear - yet can't remember the people I met last week!!!!

hi I am new to forum noticed that you lived on cattal street so did I number 18 you I think was at 28 with Sandra and your mum and dad lily and harry

---------- Post added 14-01-2015 at 21:59 ----------

Hi...my husband used to live in darnall too until they were moved cos the houses were being demolished....they lived on Cattall Street..think his parents had been there years...his grandparents lived on the street with the post office at the top..forgotten the name now...would it be Farenden or something like that?? I can remember we hadnt been courting very long and he took me home for tea..as you used to do in those days....and i started to wash the pots after tea and found no hot water coming from the hot water tap..there was cold running water but no hot..so i started to bang the tap..they all stood and laughed at me..i had no idea houses didnt have hot water...felt a right pillock!!! Theyre house didnt have a bathroom either...it was the tin bath or the shower in the corner of the bedroom...it was only a 2bed house so my husband used to have the landing as his bedrooom...a dividing wall was put up and a small bed was put in for him.....god kids today would think you had gone crazy if they saw that wouldnt they??

hi was your husband called paul by any chance

---------- Post added 14-01-2015 at 23:01 ----------

Used to fly model aeroplanes ( control line ) on the china field with jimmy lawson , their were lots of lawson bros on darnall main rd. when the lines bust on the plane we " borrowed " some best knitting wool ..............

just read this old quote recently joined what lovely memories it stirred. I lived on cattal street and my grandma lived on shirland lane opposite lilliians and reg shop top of wilstrop rd that owned the spiritualist church.

Alison. You're spot on!!! I remember your wonderful family so well. I can recall when you dropped an old metal iron on your toe - you must have been about 5/6 years old.....ouch!!!......seems like yesterday!!

Edited by nice-nurse
Txt

Alison. You're spot on!!! I remember your wonderful family so well. I can recall when you dropped an old metal iron on your toe - you must have been about 5/6 years old.....ouch!!!......seems like yesterday!!

I was 6 fancy you remembering that. your mam was our kevin's godmother. I can remember the day you left cattal street. I can remember the day your Sandra got married. P.S big toe nail right foot has never grown right.

---------- Post added 16-01-2015 at 08:37 ----------

does any one remember going to st Andrews mission church junction at bottom of swarcliffe road and shirland lane. we had to leave and joined forces with john the Baptist across bottom of bridport road. we was told building unsave yet stayed up and open as a mosque for years

Does anyone remember Bob Fenn? He would be mid 60s now. Lived on one of the streets off Main Road darnall. Clever lad went to City Grammar and I think ended up at one of the really good universities maybe Cambridge.

He was a big lad played prop for City Grammar.

Bob Fenn is my Uncle. He lived on Kirby Road.

Does anyone remember the Schmidtz family off darnall main rd.Carl and Leanna were there names and there dad had a mechanic business on the side of the house

Yes remember the Schmidtz family,allways took my car to Marvins to repair it his daughter lived next to us on fisher lane years ago. Know Carl as well

Yes remember the Schmidtz family,allways took my car to Marvins to repair it his daughter lived next to us on fisher lane years ago. Know Carl as well
Do you know if shes married and her name now???trying to get intouch for a Torksey reunion.:)

Can not remember if she was married, or just lived with her boyfriend long time back, we moved