Darnall did you live here

It is asking a lot to remember someone from so far back! Thank you for trying! I went to Sunday School at Darnall Congs from the age of 5 to 10 c 1944 to 1949 when we lived on Houstead Road Handsworth. We had to move from a rented house in 1949 as the owner wanted it back.....no such thing as rights in those days. We moved to Broomhill near t he Botanical Gardens so my parents and I attended Broompark Congregational where they ran a youth club before we moved again to just North of Dronfield , would you believe, near to Meadowhead where I began my teaching career at Jordanthorpe Girls' school in 1960. Small world!

It is indeed a small world. I was at the Congs from about 1944 too but younger than you (sorry!!) Yes, we live not far from Meadowhead in Dronfield Coal Aston actually Nice to be in touch anyway

Does anyone know Nigel deakin and his sister susan who used to live in senior road in 60s ?

My wife was born in Darnall (Main Rd) and lived there until she was 7.

My nanan and grandad lived in Clipstone Road and I have very early memories of a fair that used to come to the field at the back of there in the early-mid sixties summers.

My memories of Darnall are VERY early indeed so quite hazy. I remember my great grandmother lived there and she had a huge table with an oilcloth on it and a table cloth that hung right down almost to the floor.

I used to take my dolls in there and make it my "house"...

I also remember the house in Clipstone Road had an outside privvy that was freezing in winter and my nan had a small kitchen built on to the back of the house that was originally two up two down.

I used to help her put the washing through the mangle and I remember the "parlour" was only ever used for special occasions. Nanan and grandad lived in the room at the back.

Upstairs had no bathroom. I think they still had a tin bath. There were "guzzunders" under the beds.

Welcome to the forum Kim, I wasn't brought up in Darnall but I do remember going to the Speak Easy Motown club in Darnall in the late sixties, incidentally, great post on the UKIP thread.

Just found this link.

My grandparents lived on Coleford road. They were called Lawton. My mum was Edith and one of several children. I can remember visiting on a Saturday afternoon, walking from Tyler St Brightside along Greenland Ave and up Coleford Road. This would have been in the late 50,s early 60,s. Does anyone remember the family?

I lived on March Street just of Tinsley Park Road I went to Phillimore Road School till our house was being demolished in 1970 we moved to Herdings till 1974 and came back to Darnall on the Greenland Estate when it was built I have a friendly group on facebook called Bygone Times & Pictures Of Today Of All Sheffield 9 Area got lots of fantastic pictures im looking for a picture of Fishermans Rest Tinsley Park Road, The Old Tin Chappel on top of Ellenor Street , and also St Albium Church Coleridge Road near Coleridge Road School if anyone as got a picture I would much appreciate it Please if anyone would be interested in joining my group you be more than welcome. https://www.facebook.com/groups/379237648878161/

went to our local tyre dealers last week. When we got the receipt I noticed there head office was on Staniforth Road. I mentioned it to the bloke that I used to live near there. I was sad when he told me that he feels intimidated when he has to go there and the company warn them not to go out and about on their own, and this was a bloke who looked like he could handle himself

Just found this link.

My grandparents lived on Coleford road. They were called Lawton. My mum was Edith and one of several children. I can remember visiting on a Saturday afternoon, walking from Tyler St Brightside along Greenland Ave and up Coleford Road. This would have been in the late 50,s early 60,s. Does anyone remember the family?

Hiya Lieden what was your Grand parents names

Hi Terry, this is Tony needes, I've just found Sheffield forum and looking through it Found out someone remembers me, but my memory is not as good as yours so enlighten me please. Tony

hi this dave westerman trying to get in touch with tony needs please help if you can