Darnall did you live here

I think you are thinking about someone else sorry don't know your name. I lived in the butchers yard top of clipstone rd. I am 69 so I don't think you will know me same age as dick in fact. I went to dicks house with him dinnertime at phillimore infants and his dad cal frightened me to death shouting and effing and blinding at somebody. You might know my wifes family though the drivers off littledale where I'm living now. Are you still in Darnall ?

Sorry if I got you mixed up,Funny you mention my uncle Cal, His bite was worse than his bite but he was a very encroaching figure of a man.

I don't live in Darnall anymore I at Swallownest. I got married in 1971 and moved to Olivers Mount a few years later, I moved from there a few years ago.

I know the Drivers well if it's the same ones Horace and Linda are the ones that I know.

Sorry if I got you mixed up,Funny you mention my uncle Cal, His bite was worse than his bite but he was a very encroaching figure of a man.

I don't live in Darnall anymore I at Swallownest. I got married in 1971 and moved to Olivers Mount a few years later, I moved from there a few years ago.

I know the Drivers well if it's the same ones Horace and Linda are the ones that I know.

yes the wifes brother and sister we live just up the road from linda on the littledale. Swallownest reminds me of the dance at the minors welfare that we all went to off darnall. Fighting the treeton and swall gangs hank used to think he was the leader of our gang, dick and barry twigg went as well. I still talk to marie twigg on here.

yes the wifes brother and sister we live just up the road from linda on the littledale. Swallownest reminds me of the dance at the minors welfare that we all went to off darnall. Fighting the treeton and swall gangs hank used to think he was the leader of our gang, dick and barry twigg went as well. I still talk to marie twigg on here.

Ha Ha cant remember the dance at Swallownest i'm a bit younger than you. The Twiggs are my cousins they are really good people and are a very nice family.

Their dad my uncle Bob was the toughest man I knew everyone respected him!!1

My name is GEORGE (Judd) i'm 62 years old. I went to Philimore road and Coleridge rd great times not because we were younger but times were much better.

Oh I have very fond memories of Darnall in the late 40's and early 50's. We lived on Waterfall Road (right next to where the garage is now, on Greenland Road, opposite Lidl. I remember the Whit walk and all the floats, the boys brigade, my dad had an allotment on Pig lane. He used to take me there every Saturday morning and I can still remember the smell of the garden bonfire when he was burning stuff. We went on the club trips to cleethorpes and mablethorpe and we had a label tied on us with our name on it. We were given some money (not sure how much) and a fish and chip tea before coming home. Does anyone remember Roy Rogers and his horse Trigger walking through Darnall. The crowds were amazing but I managed to get a glimps of them. My aunti used to come over to get me ready for the Whitsuntide walk. We had a white dress and flowers in our hair and carried a basket of flowers. The parade ended up in High Hazels Park and the floats were judged right up at the top of the park near the Cafe. Anyone remember having hot Vimto up at the cafe? Me and my brother used to have to go to Sunday school at Mandevill street methodist church and our parents gave us

2 pennies for the collection but we used to spend a penny in Lakins on the way and only put 1 penny in the collection, very naughty!

---------- Post added 13-12-2012 at 18:51 ----------

My brother John and I used to go to the Lyric for the Saturday matinee, it was bedlam sometimes but brilliant!

my dad did, tony coleman, he lived on fitzmaurice road. he is always talking about the good old days down darnall. walking to the wednesday ground to watch the match,fishing trips to saxilby, all the pubs/clubs in darnall, playing in tinsley woods. philimore school and coleridge school and swimming in the canal that was then yellow!

Oh I have very fond memories of Darnall in the late 40's and early 50's. We lived on Waterfall Road (right next to where the garage is now, on Greenland Road, opposite Lidl. I remember the Whit walk and all the floats, the boys brigade, my dad had an allotment on Pig lane. He used to take me there every Saturday morning and I can still remember the smell of the garden bonfire when he was burning stuff. We went on the club trips to cleethorpes and mablethorpe and we had a label tied on us with our name on it. We were given some money (not sure how much) and a fish and chip tea before coming home. Does anyone remember Roy Rogers and his horse Trigger walking through Darnall. The crowds were amazing but I managed to get a glimps of them. My aunti used to come over to get me ready for the Whitsuntide walk. We had a white dress and flowers in our hair and carried a basket of flowers. The parade ended up in High Hazels Park and the floats were judged right up at the top of the park near the Cafe. Anyone remember having hot Vimto up at the cafe? Me and my brother used to have to go to Sunday school at Mandevill street methodist church and our parents gave us

2 pennies for the collection but we used to spend a penny in Lakins on the way and only put 1 penny in the collection, very naughty!

---------- Post added 13-12-2012 at 18:51 ----------

My brother John and I used to go to the Lyric for the Saturday matinee, it was bedlam sometimes but brilliant!

Some old photos of the park cafe here.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/picturesofsheffildoldandnew/#!/media/set/?set=oa.10151017164429905&type=1.

my dad did, tony coleman, he lived on fitzmaurice road. he is always talking about the good old days down darnall. walking to the wednesday ground to watch the match,fishing trips to saxilby, all the pubs/clubs in darnall, playing in tinsley woods. philimore school and coleridge school and swimming in the canal that was then yellow!

Hi Gazza,

I lived next door to your dad, and did all those things with him. There is a lot that your dad hasn't told you....like going in the wood in the middle of the night. Getting made up for New Year by your grandad...alias...Al Jolson

Boxing in the yard with Trevor Linley.

My name is Jim Marsden. Happy Days !!!

Hi Gazza,

I lived next door to your dad, and did all those things with him. There is a lot that your dad hasn't told you....like going in the wood in the middle of the night. Getting made up for New Year by your grandad...alias...Al Jolson

Boxing in the yard with Trevor Linley.

My name is Jim Marsden. Happy Days !!!

thanks for that Jim. ive just told him re your reply, he started laughing and said he could remeber it all. he will be on the forum at christams time as he is treating himself to a laptop, he said he will be in touch

take care lad

I must know you I lived on darnall rd in the yard behind barber bobs next door to David and Roy Allen we played in the kilns and in the brick yard at the top of harding street used to go to Johnsons sweet shop at the bottom of making rd

hi , yes i knew David & Roy Allen , they had an elder brother i think was Thomas . our back yard backed on to the spare ground at the brick kilns .my name is Alan Cooper .my brothers are Colin & Micheal .my grandmother used to own the grocery shop at the top of darnall rd /main rd , Ellsie foster was her name , next door to Grays the butchers. used to spend many a happy hour playing in the kilns .

hi , yes i knew David & Roy Allen , they had an elder brother i think was Thomas . our back yard backed on to the spare ground at the brick kilns .my name is Alan Cooper .my brothers are Colin & Micheal .my grandmother used to own the grocery shop at the top of darnall rd /main rd , Ellsie foster was her name , next door to Grays the butchers. used to spend many a happy hour playing in the kilns .

Do you remember playing down the quarry untill either the night watchman or one of the workman chased you away.My brother once found some fossels that had been unearthed and gave them to Western Park Museam.

I know you and you know me my initials were PF and I was a right good looking dude

I know you and you know me my initials were PF and I was a right good looking dude

the only PF that comes to mind is Peter Foster ....