Darnall did you live here

i used to live on cravens road and my mother used to have a hairdressers at the bottom of cravens road in the early seventies, i have two brothers and we all went to whitby road school and then hurlfield, the good old days eh.....my name is lee gilbert

I remember you, didnt you live in the same yard as Carl Drinkwater?

by the way its Mark Hayward from Nightingale St (Whity Rd & Hurlfield)

Keanaz

did you know Jacky Cooper, the STocks, Darbys,stubbs ?

Hi i'm from Jubilee rd and remember the people you mentioned. I am related to the Darbys my cousin Derek ( Dick ) passed away last year I was in touch with him until he died, if you remember him he was rather a tough guy. I have very fond memories of our Dick!!!.

The other people you mention I knew them well. Jacky Cooper has a caravan on the same site as me in Skeggy, small world Jubilee rd to Skeggy.

I have very fond memories of Jubilee road and still regard it as my home. When I was a kid I used to deliver milk with Roy the coop milkman and used to do a couple of streets with him before I went to school for some spending money. Good days !!!!!

Bolsover, do you mean Dick Darby who married Mary, i lived down cliffe when they lived on Shirland Lane, i am shocked

Bolsover, do you mean Dick Darby who married Mary, i lived down cliffe when they lived on Shirland Lane, i am shocked

Hi Yes I do mean Dick that married Mary Wright. Sorry if I shocked you but it was sad if you remember our Dick you recall he was a powerful bloke it was pitiful to see him shuffling about he had a brain tumour. However he bore it well and with dignity!!!!

New Dick and Mary and 2 lads when they were very young The last time i heard about Dick he was in Spain knew Marys brother as well Fred we come off Brinsworth Street. R I P/ DICK

New Dick and Mary and 2 lads when they were very young The last time i heard about Dick he was in Spain knew Marys brother as well Fred we come off Brinsworth Street. R I P/ DICK

I knew Fred very well I worked with his dad at Dunford Elliotts for a number of years, he was a nice fellow old Fred!!!

Hi DJ

I used to live on Jubilee road from 1950 - 1971,

I,m a bit older than you but I have brothers and sisters that you may remember, our surname is Stevens. I had a friend that must have lived near you Trev Turner, have,nt seen him for years, I now live in Skegness.

is margaret stevens related to you

I originally lived on Frederick Street, next door to the Pask family. We then moved to Malvern Road, a cul-de-sac off Industry Road. I have downloaded lots of black and white photos of the area because it brings back such happy memories.

I remember the parades going up Darnall Main Road. It saddens me that they chose to demolish the area as it was a close community.

Kevin

Hi Kevin bet that was a big thrill living next door to Buster Pask ! Where did you put the photos? I knew a lad on Malvern called Tony Needs (spelt wrong) and Nevill Smith that lived just below on Industry

I remember a Stuart Birkwood I went to school with him in the 60s I went to Waltheof .Ilived on Barley Wood Road off Greenland Road ,I spent my school holidays playing in Tinsley Park woods and in the scrap tanks and planes at the back of where I lived. They belonged to Vickers scrap yard ,does anyone else remember them?

yes I do remember the tanks you must be nearly as old as me. I also remember the lad that lived in the house by the graveyard he used to chase all the kids for calling him spooky (hope that's not you ) we used to stay out in the woods all the day long good times ! remember the slacky or is that before your time

you may know me My name is Tony Ward and lived on freeborugh street

was you into british bikes ?

Hi Geoge ,Iremember you .I lived on Jubilee Road at 108 you may remember my nan and grandad Gladys and Harry White he had pigeons, like most of the men did.What stands out about my childhood when aia lived on Jubilee Road was when used to make trollies out of old wheels and a few bits of wood nailed together then we would fasten some rope round to hold onto and so we could control it and we would come wizing down the street because it was a bit of a hill .Can you remember the twins Rosie and Rita ?

were rosie and rita keith stocks sisters? And I think that there was two families called white on there there was the one we called benny and another one that I have forgot that worked for king cole

is margaret stevens related to you

Ha Ha Margaret is my lovely sister, she won't like me to say this but she's just celebrated her 65th. She's older than me by the way.